New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Can you buy "AppleCare" after purchase? Is it cheaper at purchase?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

techmonkey

techmonkey is on a distinguished road

Can you purchase AppleCare after purchasing a laptop? Do they charge more money if you decide to purchase later?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Yes to your first question, no to your second.

You can buy Applecare up to a year after you have bought your laptop. However, regardless of when you buy it, it still only adds two years to the one year standard warranty.

If you're a student, you might want to take a look at the educational discount as it takes off a rather significant chunk off the Applecare price.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Lisa

Lisa will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB

Has anyone purchased this through ebay? there are quite a few sellers with good reps selling it for much less than through apple. Even my local reseller has it at a discount - though not as low as ebay.
QUOTE Thanks
unclescrotor

unclescrotor is on a distinguished road

I bought my Macbook Pro 17 and applecare through Amazon. Buying them together knocked 50 dollars off the total price.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I purchased my applecare for my iMac after 90 days..Don't know why I just got a good deal
I didn't trust myself to not mess up and have to call after the first 90 days

Still everything is still working and I hav...........................Only joking
QUOTE Thanks
WhiteNoiseMaker

WhiteNoiseMaker is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook 2.0GHz CD | 2GB RAM | 80GB HDD | SuperDrive | iPod 3G 20GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Has anyone purchased this through ebay? there are quite a few sellers with good reps selling it for much less than through apple. Even my local reseller has it at a discount - though not as low as ebay.
I'd like to know that too. I've seen a few people selling AppleCare on eBay at almost 75% off!! I'm thinking there's gotta be some catch to it :yinyang:
QUOTE Thanks
ennbr

ennbr is on a distinguished road

I've purchased a copy for my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro systems within the last 2 weeks. Both from Ebay good prices both were accepted during the registration process without a problem.

Just make sure the Ebay seller is reputable
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« That noise | Full Path in Finder? »