New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

iMac - Imac 20 + LCD TV or Imac 24 + usb TV

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

el_lasso

el_lasso is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Hi, I'm planning on switching as soon as the new Leopard gets out but i'm hesitating between 2 choices to furnished my new home office :

1) Getting an Imac 20 on my desk and putting a LCD TV on the wall with a setup box for digital tv

OR

2) Getting an Imac 24 (which looks a lot better!!!) and finding a way to connect my digital set up box on the Imac with a hardware and software yet to be find in my research?

Thanks a lot

Pat
QUOTE Thanks
kutrack1

kutrack1 is on a distinguished road

i just got my 20" iMac today and i am running dvi out to my other 20" lcd hdmi tv and i am loving every second of it
QUOTE Thanks
bnamike

bnamike is on a distinguished road

I went through the same thoughts. I ended up getting the 24" iMac and eyeTV (connects via usb). For me it was cheaper than getting the smaller iMac and seperate LCD tv.
QUOTE Thanks
WasabiTaylor

WasabiTaylor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse

You may find yourself wishing you could have the TV running a show while you're on your computer doing something else. For instance, before I had a DVD player in my room I had to pretty much stop using my MBP so I could watch it the DVD full screen. Now I have a DVD player so I can watch the movie and be on my computer researching the film on IMDB, for instance.
QUOTE Thanks
el_lasso

el_lasso is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Hey bnamike

I know it's cheaper to buy the 24" but those the quality of the tv with eyetv is good? can you connect digital tv trought a set up box?

Thanks

Pat
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

EyeTV on a 24" iMac won't be as good as a LCD with Digital TV (or HDTV) on it. That's what it pretty much comes down too. Question is, how important is picture quality to you ? EyeTV compares to Tube-TV fuzzyness, but it's good enough for me.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I fin out what processor and hard drive the machine has | Panther or Tiger for an old imac g3 »