New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Anyone perfer camino to firefox?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sachsr1

Sachsr1 has a spectacular aura about

Title says it all I guess I've been trying camino for awhile, and I'm not sre I like camino.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

I have tried Camino, Firefox, Safari and several others. My advice would be to pick the one you like best and use it. If you don't like Camino, that's not a problem - don't use it.

Personally, when it is all said and done, I have gone with Safari for day to day use. It is a great browser and nicely integrated with the rest of the Mac OS X software.

That was my choice though, not a general recommendation. There are LOTS of browsers out there. Pick the one you like and enjoy!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
blackmacbook

blackmacbook is an unknown at this point

I use camino over firefox because it uses much less memory and prevents my fans from turning on.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I've tried Camino, along with the rest of the browsers available for Mac and always find myself coming back to Firefox. I just add a Mac theme to it and it blends in very well.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

If I have to use a Mozilla browser, I prefer Camino. I dunno, there's something about the interface that seems Mac-ish, elegant while Firefox's is... I guess the word is boxy.
QUOTE Thanks
biffyiffy

biffyiffy can only hope to improve

I use Camino 99% of the time.
QUOTE Thanks
fiery

fiery is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMAC 3ghz Intel Core i3 OSX 10.9

I use Camino because It looks better to me and it uses less memory.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
If I have to use a Mozilla browser, I prefer Camino. I dunno, there's something about the interface that seems Mac-ish, elegant while Firefox's is... I guess the word is boxy.
I know what you mean. When I first installed Firefox, it just looked odd. But with either the iFox or or Grapple themes, Firefox fits in just perfectly. :black:
QUOTE Thanks
DrQuincy

DrQuincy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Core Duo Macbook Pro

There's not a lot in it. I use Camino as I installed it first.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I use Safari for 98% of the sites I visit but use Camino for the ones that Safari has issues with. I find Camino more OSX like than Firefox and it's very fast also and seems better with IE specific sites.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« From PC to Mac with an external HD | Picassa Online »