New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Going to Switch (Yippeeeee)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bigd652

Well this is my first post on a mac forum. In the coming weeks I will have many questions regarding the 12inch Ibook I will be getting. So here is my first question.

I do not have an apple store where I live but we do have a CompUsa. They have a pretty good mac section at there store. Need to know if I can go there and order my ibook the way I want it or if I have to get one that is just the base config. Would rather go somewhere and pay cash rather then ordering off of apples website. But if I can't get it the way I want at compusa then I will go the website route... Anythoughts?

Thanks in advance.
D
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

well there really isnt much configuring you can do but you should be able to get it done at compusa

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

The CompUSA I used to go to would be able to get your Mac the way you want it. I suggest at least 384 megs RAM.
QUOTE Thanks
bigd652

Cool. Would the wait be shorter going that route rather then the apple store site? And I know there isn't alot of config to do but stuff like air port, bluetooth etc. And yes more ram will be coming but not getting it from apple. Gonna do it myself.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold

yea you should be able to get it that same day from compusa....airport and bluetooth are easy add-ins for them to do and your are wise for doing the ram yourself

QUOTE Thanks
bigd652

One other thing... Do you have to pay tax if you buy off of Apples site?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

yea there is tax on their site

QUOTE Thanks
bigd652

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
yea there is tax on their site
darn... lol thanks for all the help.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

....there isnt tax on ther site.....unless they automatically add it in to the sub total,when you are customizing it before you even click buy.....
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

there is definitely sales tax on their website for purchases that are shipped

"Please note that your subtotal does not include sales tax or rebates."

they dont tell you the sales tax until after you have completed the order which sort of surprised me

QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

I just did a test transaction and i got all the way up to the point where it says enter your creditcard and there was still no tax added.....It even said Total, not subtotal....
QUOTE Thanks
bigd652

Ok... anyone here who has ordered from apple... did you pay tax?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I paid taxes on all of my purchases from the on-line Apple store.
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

It probably has to do with whether or not there's an Apple Store in your state.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

There are four stores about 45 minutes from me, Pasadena - Pasadena, Los Angeles - The Grove, Glendale - Glendale Galleria and Costa Mesa - South Coast Plaza. I can get to these but they are a little farer out, Mission Viejo - Mission Viejo, Newport Beach - Fashion Island and Northridge - Northridge.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ZoneAlarm | Back to desktop button?? »