New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

OMG Yessssssss! New Mac user here!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mattf87

mattf87 is on a distinguished road

My black Macbook arrives tommorow!

I cannot wait. It will be my first mac ever. I've maybe had a total of 10 hours my entire life on a Mac, between using the computers at my school, testing sites on safari at work, and messing around in the Mac store.

I cannot wait to get started. I plan on hanging out in these forums a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Congrats mattf87 and welcome!! You're going to love your new blackbook Please post pics if you can!

QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

yes! congrats and welcome!

let us know if you have any questions!

and don't forget to check the Mac-Forums Switchers FAQ and Information!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
todd51

Congratulations Matt and welcome to Mac-Forums! I know you'll love your new Mac when it arrives tomorrow, and let us know how it runs for ya!

Pics would be beautiful!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, mattf87! We look forward to having you hang out with us! :girl:

And welcome to the Mac!
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

Welcome- good to have you here!
QUOTE Thanks
walkerj

walkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nicewalkerj is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive

You're going to like it very much! I'm only slightly jealous of my wife's black Macbook, but for some reason the white one is more than cool (and useful to the nth degree!)
QUOTE Thanks
Le Fumeur

Le Fumeur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattf87 View Post
My black Macbook arrives tommorow!

I cannot wait. It will be my first mac ever. I've maybe had a total of 10 hours my entire life on a Mac, between using the computers at my school, testing sites on safari at work, and messing around in the Mac store.

I cannot wait to get started. I plan on hanging out in these forums a lot.
I just got a MBP and I love it! You will not regret it.
QUOTE Thanks
DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters has a spectacular aura about

Well congrats but you are not welcome (I had to do something different then everyone else

But seriously... WELCOME!

"Death to Toasters" - John Connor

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

WTF. You're gonna be a happy man!

Congrats!
QUOTE Thanks
mattf87

mattf87 is on a distinguished road

Woohoo!

After a couple hours on this thing I'm hooked. It was kinda different at first but after learning the whole .dmg file dragging thing I think I'm good.

Definitely way easier to use than Windows. I must have installed/downloaded 10 applications within half an hour or less. Definitely too many steps on a PC to get it done that quickly.

In fact I think I'm just about weaned off of the PC now. I went back to my desktop to burn some files on a disc that I needed to transfer and couldnt help but think to myself how pointless some of the steps are.

At the moment I am very happy.
QUOTE Thanks
DeathtoToasters

DeathtoToasters has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Woohoo!

After a couple hours on this thing I'm hooked. It was kinda different at first but after learning the whole .dmg file dragging thing I think I'm good.

Definitely way easier to use than Windows. I must have installed/downloaded 10 applications within half an hour or less. Definitely too many steps on a PC to get it done that quickly.

In fact I think I'm just about weaned off of the PC now. I went back to my desktop to burn some files on a disc that I needed to transfer and couldnt help but think to myself how pointless some of the steps are.

I have been weened since my first day. Amazing how easy it really is to switch. There is one program I need for work where I must use parallels. The only other program I used everyday that I cannot use now and I am pretty bummed about is the yahoo music subscription.

Otherwise I am golden.

I have realized that it is not really that MAC is easier it is just that it works. Simple and easy.

Congrats and have fun!

"Death to Toasters" - John Connor

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

WELCOME! Sounds like you are a quick switcher. Glad you're having a blast with your new MacBook. Come back often, this is a great community for Mac lovers.
QUOTE Thanks
neyoung

neyoung is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the switch! I recently made the switch myself. Sounds like you'll be an Apple Fanatic in no time like the rest of us

Apple Switcher!
365 Days of my experience with Apple at
Keynote 2 Keynote
Join the 100 Apple Users and Switchers Project
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

Quote:
Woohoo!

Glad to here that! I just received my MacBook on Tuesday, what a wonderful feeling it is finally get it in your hands! Do you have any pics of the new system?

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just got a new MBP, So far i love it! any suggestions? | Run .exe on PPC? »