New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Happiness is a Warm Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

powermacg5

OK got my new G5 in yesterday, had it up and running in less than 10 minutes. Pretty much the only configuration necessary was plugging cords in.

I have no sign of the problems I've read about DOA, temperature, fan noise, etc. I've had it running for over 12 hours now and my HP laptop is the only thing I can hear in the room. You want to talk about wind tunnels...buy an HP laptop.

This is one incredible machine, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who's considering switching. I'm very happy with my purchase, even if Murphy's Law dictates that Apple will release the new G5's next week and they'll drop the price of the machine I bought down $1000.

Speaking of deals, would anyone like dibs on my BRAND NEW G5 box before I put it on eBay? Bidding starts at ONLY $400! :p
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I have a classic box, an Mac SE30 box in perfect shape. :p

Maybe I can get a $1000 for it. lol
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

wait....if you are so happy with it why are you selling it?
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.9.5.

powermacg5: What a great subject line. It's very inspiring.

AppleJustWorks: powermacg5 was going to sell the box, not the computer.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

I have a powerbook g4 box...very very sleek peice of box.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

.....who would buy a box for 400 dollars?

i mean i can go to wallmart and ask for one for free......
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

but it isn't an ibook or powerbook, or powermac box
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

I'm trying to lay down the sarcasm of the box ting real heavy like...so you can have my beautiful box for a mere $300 cash right now.
QUOTE Thanks
powermacg5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
wait....if you are so happy with it why are you selling it?
It was a reference to the post about the guy who's tricking people on eBay into bidding on a PowerMac G5 box, not a computer just a box. People didn't scroll down to read the whole thing, so the bids on it had reached $500.

I don't think it's cool to lie to people like that and essentially steal from them, but it was damn funny to read.
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

Actually it was a Powerbook box. And it topped out at $660, but the winning bidder hasn't paid yet it seems.
QUOTE Thanks
csogilvie

Has anybody contacted the seller or the buyer to inquire if payment has been received or shipping commenced?

I'm very very curious to know if the seller has been paid for this binding contract! (As all e-bay auctions are)

I've got a stack of interesting boxes to sell too!
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

Let's start bidding on a G4 Cube box
QUOTE Thanks
lnetubaplyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by powermacg5
It was a reference to the post about the guy who's tricking people on eBay into bidding on a PowerMac G5 box, not a computer just a box. People didn't scroll down to read the whole thing, so the bids on it had reached $500.

I don't think it's cool to lie to people like that and essentially steal from them, but it was damn funny to read.
He didn't really lie, it says right on the auction that its a box....Not to be mean, but AppleJustWorks did the same thing, I guess your brain just gets so excited at the thought of having a new mac, you don't really care if its just a box :-P
QUOTE Thanks
powermacg5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnetubaplyr
He didn't really lie, it says right on the auction that its a box....Not to be mean, but AppleJustWorks did the same thing, I guess your brain just gets so excited at the thought of having a new mac, you don't really care if its just a box :-P
True, I guess "lie" isn't the right word for it. I wish the guy would post the emails he gets from his winning bidder once the "product" comes in.
QUOTE Thanks
noirluispher

Quote:
Originally Posted by csogilvie
Has anybody contacted the seller or the buyer to inquire if payment has been received or shipping commenced?

I'm very very curious to know if the seller has been paid for this binding contract! (As all e-bay auctions are)

I've got a stack of interesting boxes to sell too!
As soon as the auction was over, I emailed him to let me know if that guy pays. He hasn't emailed me to date.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Typical!! | Finally got my Mac »