powermacg5
    Talking Happiness is a Warm Mac
    OK got my new G5 in yesterday, had it up and running in less than 10 minutes. Pretty much the only configuration necessary was plugging cords in.

I have no sign of the problems I've read about DOA, temperature, fan noise, etc. I've had it running for over 12 hours now and my HP laptop is the only thing I can hear in the room. You want to talk about wind tunnels...buy an HP laptop.

This is one incredible machine, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who's considering switching. I'm very happy with my purchase, even if Murphy's Law dictates that Apple will release the new G5's next week and they'll drop the price of the machine I bought down $1000.

Speaking of deals, would anyone like dibs on my BRAND NEW G5 box before I put it on eBay? Bidding starts at ONLY $400! :p

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I have a classic box, an Mac SE30 box in perfect shape. :p

Maybe I can get a $1000 for it. lol

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    wait....if you are so happy with it why are you selling it?

Specs:
    Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
    powermacg5: What a great subject line. It's very inspiring.

AppleJustWorks: powermacg5 was going to sell the box, not the computer.

TylerMoney
    I have a powerbook g4 box...very very sleek peice of box.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    .....who would buy a box for 400 dollars?

i mean i can go to wallmart and ask for one for free......

TylerMoney
    but it isn't an ibook or powerbook, or powermac box

TylerMoney
    I'm trying to lay down the sarcasm of the box ting real heavy like...so you can have my beautiful box for a mere $300 cash right now.

powermacg5
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
    wait....if you are so happy with it why are you selling it?
    It was a reference to the post about the guy who's tricking people on eBay into bidding on a PowerMac G5 box, not a computer just a box. People didn't scroll down to read the whole thing, so the bids on it had reached $500.

I don't think it's cool to lie to people like that and essentially steal from them, but it was damn funny to read.

StarManta
    Actually it was a Powerbook box. And it topped out at $660, but the winning bidder hasn't paid yet it seems.

csogilvie
    Has anybody contacted the seller or the buyer to inquire if payment has been received or shipping commenced?

I'm very very curious to know if the seller has been paid for this binding contract! (As all e-bay auctions are)

I've got a stack of interesting boxes to sell too!

Chamorro
    Let's start bidding on a G4 Cube box

lnetubaplyr
    Quote Originally Posted by powermacg5
    It was a reference to the post about the guy who's tricking people on eBay into bidding on a PowerMac G5 box, not a computer just a box. People didn't scroll down to read the whole thing, so the bids on it had reached $500.

I don't think it's cool to lie to people like that and essentially steal from them, but it was damn funny to read.
    He didn't really lie, it says right on the auction that its a box....Not to be mean, but AppleJustWorks did the same thing, I guess your brain just gets so excited at the thought of having a new mac, you don't really care if its just a box :-P

powermacg5
    Quote Originally Posted by lnetubaplyr
    He didn't really lie, it says right on the auction that its a box....Not to be mean, but AppleJustWorks did the same thing, I guess your brain just gets so excited at the thought of having a new mac, you don't really care if its just a box :-P
    True, I guess "lie" isn't the right word for it. I wish the guy would post the emails he gets from his winning bidder once the "product" comes in.

noirluispher
    Quote Originally Posted by csogilvie
    Has anybody contacted the seller or the buyer to inquire if payment has been received or shipping commenced?

I'm very very curious to know if the seller has been paid for this binding contract! (As all e-bay auctions are)

I've got a stack of interesting boxes to sell too!
    As soon as the auction was over, I emailed him to let me know if that guy pays. He hasn't emailed me to date.

Thread Information