New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Interesting sites foor a noobie?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chapin

Chapin is on a distinguished road

Can someone give me any good site for a noobie.
Tutorals, How-To's , apps.
Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

www.macosxhints.com/

Is a great forum based site for OSX hints.

www.versiontracker.com
www.macupdate.com

2 great sites for many free apps and updates.

www.adiumx.com

One of the best multi chat apps.

And there are heaps more, just remember www.google.com/mac is your friend.
QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

One of the best is right on the www.apple.com site. Also, I have been checking out www.atomiclearning.com which is ultimately a paid source. I think it's about $80.00, but has some minimal samples of videos to watch so you'll get an idea how you like it. Also, I'm not sure about this address, but it was written up pretty good for me...www.flernk.blogspot.com
But the absolute best for questions is here on the forum. Do a search here for just about anything to do with mac's and you'll get some good first-hand answers.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol247 View Post
But the absolute best for questions is here on the forum. Do a search here for just about anything to do with mac's and you'll get some good first-hand answers.
I could not have said it any better. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

You might also wish to see:

http://www.campbell-tx.net/MacOSX/Li...linux2mac.html

This is a Linux to Mac Switcher's Guide, but there is all sort of non Linux information here, like a listing of key apps you just must have, a section on the maintenance of your Mac and a section on multimedia (voice and video) calling.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Two sites that really helped me out when first starting out were:

Switch 101

Mac 101
QUOTE Thanks
Chapin

Chapin is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all your replies guys !
You all being a very good help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 5400 RPM vs. 7200 RPM Hard Drive | close to switching, a few ?'s »