Stevejac
    Wake from sleep options?
    I'd like to make my mac work like my XP machines in how it wakes from sleep. On the XP machines I have an account for each member of the family--4 of us. My account is password protected; the others are not. When the machines are awakend from sleep, the screen allows the user to go to any of the four accounts.

I've likewise created four accounts on the mac and, again, password protected only my account. However, if I set the machine to require a password to log back in after awaking from sleep, the only account I can return to is mine (if that's the account active when the machine went to sleep. I can, if I wish, type in another user name on the wakeup screen, but the os rejects it.

First question: it looks like you can't have multiple users simultaneously logged in on os x ver 10.3.2. Is this correct? If I can have multiple logged in users, can I setup the mac to work like xp in this issue?

If only one user can be logged in at a time then is there a way to log out automatically when going to sleep?

Specs:
    Pwnt
    Have you turned on fast user switching? I think that should fix your problem.
    I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.

StarManta
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevejac
    First question: it looks like you can't have multiple users simultaneously logged in on os x ver 10.3.2. Is this correct? If I can have multiple logged in users, can I setup the mac to work like xp in this issue?
    I'm not sure about the specifics of setting the behavior you're looking for, but you certainly can log in multiple users in OS 10.3.x. System Preferences -> users -> Login Options -> Enable Fast User Switching.

Stevejac
    Thanks. That seems to work!
    The title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by StarManta
    I'm not sure about the specifics of setting the behavior you're looking for, but you certainly can log in multiple users in OS 10.3.x. System Preferences -> users -> Login Options -> Enable Fast User Switching.

Thread Information