Thread: Address book

Address book

Address book
    Last night I put in all my contacts in my address book. Tonight I went to send someone a e-mail & all my contacts were gone. Where did they go ?? Is there anyway that I can get them back or do i have to re-enter all of them again ??

Thanks

Address book
    Specs:
    MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive
    In the far left column of Address Book make sure the "All" category is selected.

Address book

Yep all is selected.

Also is there a way that I can make a folder in my e-mail that I can put important e-mails into ?? I made a folder for myself but I can't get anything to drag into it.

Thanks

Address book

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRed View Post
    Yep all is selected.

Also is there a way that I can make a folder in my e-mail that I can put important e-mails into ?? I made a folder for myself but I can't get anything to drag into it.

Thanks
    G'day MrsRed,

This is what you need to do: (Its direct from Mail's help file)

You can create as many mailboxes as you like to file or organize messages you want to keep.

You can create a mailbox that's stored on your computer, one that's stored within a specific account, or a mailbox in an existing mailbox. A mailbox inside another mailbox is called a "subfolder."

If you have an IMAP account, you can store received mail on your computer or on your mail server.

Choose Mailbox > New Mailbox.
    To create a mailbox within an existing mailbox, select the existing mailbox before you choose Mailbox > New Mailbox.

Use the Location pop-up menu to choose the location for the mailbox on your computer or an IMAP account (to store the mailbox on an IMAP server).
    Type a name for the mailbox.
    Click OK.
    To create a mailbox that contains another mailbox (or subfolder), type the name for the mailbox and the subfolder separated by a forward slash ("/"). For example, if you type "Apple Mail/Apple Newsletters," a mailbox named Apple Mail will be created, with a mailbox named Apple Newsletters inside it. (Note that if you create a mailbox this way, the enclosing mailbox can only contain other mailboxes, not messages. Such mailboxes appear white in the mailboxes list, instead of blue.)

Note: Some organizations may set up mailboxes in your account that are read only. For example, a Public Folder may be used to provide information for all users of the mail system. You will not be able to create mailboxes within or save messages to these read-only mailboxes. To find out how to post messages to the mailbox, ask your mail administrator.

Address book

thanks I finally got that figured out But still not to sure what happened with my address book. Guess that I will just put everyone back in & see what happens.

Thread Information