Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Dec 28, 2003
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    911
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    Buying a PowerBook
    Buying a Powerbook 15" 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, SuperDrive, etc.....I was wondering if I should buy it now, or wait until July(latest).....

    According to the two last updates they were a year apart, and the most recent one was in Sept. was my guess is that the next PB update will be in this Sept..

    So basic query is: buy now or later?

  2. #2
    StarManta
    Guest
    Apple next move is anyone's guess. I think we'll be seeing the G5 powerbooks by September, but July would be pushing it.

  3. #3

    Zenistar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 24, 2004
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    22
    Specs:
    2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano
    The problem with any computer equipment is that its constantly changing. Virtually any top of the range hardware you buy now will be replaced by something else within 6 months to a year.

    If you need the laptop, buy it.

  4. #4
    TylerMoney
    Guest
    Just buy it now. I doubt you're going to want the first run of PB G5s anyways. They'll be really expensive at first, and are most likely going to have some heating issues. So just go with the current PB G4, cause it's a damn good computer, and you won't be dissapointed, and it'll power you for a long wihile.

  5. #5

    Beatles4Life's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 07, 2004
    Location
    The land of paella.
    Posts
    385
    Specs:
    Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
    Smile
    TylerMoney: Well put. I agree, buy the G4 now.

    I actually have a Power Mac G4, but I considered getting the G5. When I fund out it would cost more money (about 2000 more) I decided to go with the G4. Six months later, my Mac is still running wonderfully, and I know it will continue to run wonderfully through the rest of college (and probably longer).

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Dec 28, 2003
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    911
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
    ahh!!!! Now I'm questioning buying my PB now, see this page for details(BTW dont post anymore on this thread, just the linked one)

    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5111

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Buying a Powerbook! Yes, No...Maybe??
    By Spag_187 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
  2. Buying a New Powerbook 12"
    By kipkeston in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 02:18 AM
  3. Buying a Powerbook
    By mtranter in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2005, 09:41 AM
  4. Buying powerbook in the US
    By richieg in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 05:25 AM
  5. buying powerbook
    By iWonder in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •