ghenrytaylor
    External Hard drive
    Briefly, I have a USB 2.0 device that is slow on my iBook 700. I just purchased a used firewire external device. I've transfered my USB device files to my hard drive and now want to transfer these files to the Firewire device. Problem is the iBook doesn't recognize the firewire device. Need advice on how to rectify this as well as format both external devices.
    I'm running 10.2.8 with 640 ram, if that helps.

Thanks for the time,
    Henry Taylor

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You may need to format the drive. Using the idsk utility application can you see the firewire drive?

jesus
    i had one if these , hdd caddy and laptop hdd on usb , formated in panther ,worked fine , but would not work when i plugged into a widowz box .

jesus loves you

ghenrytaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    You may need to format the drive. Using the idsk utility application can you see the firewire drive?
    Unfortunately I don't see the drive. When I try to run idisk it want's to start in classic (9.x).

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    I am sorry the application I was speaking of was disk utility which is located int eh Mac OS X --> Application --> Utilities folder.

ghenrytaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    I am sorry the application I was speaking of was disk utility which is located int eh Mac OS X --> Application --> Utilities folder.
    Yeah, I checked there also. Not reading firewire drive at all. It did see my USB drive. And the firewire port is powering the drive, it lights up.

Jarbo
    What size drive is it. Anything over 30gig has to have an external power source, the drive light may light up on the case but with out the proper power source the hdd will not be seen.

ghenrytaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarbo
    What size drive is it. Anything over 30gig has to have an external power source, the drive light may light up on the case but with out the proper power source the hdd will not be seen.
    It is a 30 gig HD and I am using the power adapter that came with the device.

ghenrytaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by ghenrytaylor
    It is a 30 gig HD and I am using the power adapter that came with the device.
    Got it. Reformated and now see's it fine.
    Thanks all for your help.
    Henry

Thread Information