New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Few quick questions.....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PhoneUnlocker

Hi all,

Well just a few things, cos I reciently switched to PowerBook G4 about a week ago but have a problem with Safari.

How can you get the program to refresh all images and text cos I am designing a new website and when I make some changes it shows the old version all the time. Even after clearing the cache and history same thing happens, unlike IE does. Is there some tweeking I need to do?

Thanks in advance,
Ed
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Curlynose1

Try clicking the refresh button.
QUOTE Thanks
PhoneUnlocker

Of course but still dont work, I have tried everything I can think of.

Ed
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Curlynose1

Something is wrong with your page, something is wrong with your html editor, or something is wrong with your browser.
QUOTE Thanks
PhoneUnlocker

Well we know something is wrong

I have latest version of Safari, Dreamweaver MX 2004 and it does it on all my pages not just one.

I really need to sort this very fast, so any info will be help.

BR,
Ed
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Could you give us the website so we can take a look at it.. Im wondering if you have caching at the page level on. Or else you're not actually uploading anything to the server.. even though it seems like you are
QUOTE Thanks
PhoneUnlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
Could you give us the website so we can take a look at it.. Im wondering if you have caching at the page level on. Or else you're not actually uploading anything to the server.. even though it seems like you are
Well I have a few...

1) http://www.mob[remove_this]tec.net/
2) http://www.letstalk-online[remove_this].net
3) http://www.phone[remove_this]unlocker.net

Cheers.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Hmm.. the code doesnt look like it's using cache.. I don't know what to tell you
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

Safari has a major cache issue. Close your site in Safari. Empty the cache, quit Safari, relaunch safari and test the page. I find that this works. Try it out and let me know.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switched last night, have a few basic questions. | Apple Studio Display »