New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Pulled the trigger on a Macbook.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kilo15

kilo15 will become famous soon enough

2GB ram
160GB HD

Should get it by friday.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

you shot your macbook?

congrats on your purchase

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Big Congrats kilo15!
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

Thanks guys. I am so excited. Been using pc's for 15 years...I hope this transition is easy.
QUOTE Thanks
wwombach

wwombach is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, 30 GB iPod Video

The transition for me has been great. It really isn't the "big deal" that some people like to make it. Give it a patient week and everything will be smooth sailing.
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwombach View Post
The transition for me has been great. It really isn't the "big deal" that some people like to make it. Give it a patient week and everything will be smooth sailing.
Will do.
QUOTE Thanks
brianj08

brianj08 will become famous soon enough

congrats on your mac purchase. ive owned my macbook for about 4 months now and upgraded the ram to 2gb by myself and really love my mac. my windows desktop machine is now collectin dust

white Macbook 1.83 GHz Core Duo/ 2 GB ram/ 60 GB HDD/ Wireless bluetooth mouse/ JBL Speakers
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo15 View Post
Thanks guys. I am so excited. Been using pc's for 15 years...I hope this transition is easy.
OS X is very easy to use. What's difficult about switching is to forget what you know about computers if that foundation was built upon Windows. There are (obviously) a ton of great threads in this forum that answer many common questions. So, as you go through and find annoyances or things that don't make sense based on your mindset, document them and pose them here (or use the search utility). My first week was a bit rough, but now I feel very comfortable - that only took a week - which is a testament to how user-friendly and easy it is to learn Mac OS.

The funny thing is, I now find myself trying to two-finger tap on Windows notebooks at work As a network admin in a 1200+ Windows machine network, switching my brain from Mac to Windows can be a little tough.
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
OS X is very easy to use. What's difficult about switching is to forget what you know about computers if that foundation was built upon Windows. There are (obviously) a ton of great threads in this forum that answer many common questions. So, as you go through and find annoyances or things that don't make sense based on your mindset, document them and pose them here (or use the search utility). My first week was a bit rough, but now I feel very comfortable - that only took a week - which is a testament to how user-friendly and easy it is to learn Mac OS.

The funny thing is, I now find myself trying to two-finger tap on Windows notebooks at work As a network admin in a 1200+ Windows machine network, switching my brain from Mac to Windows can be a little tough.
Thanks much. I've been on this forum less than a week and it was my deciding factor on buying the mac. My brother knows nothing about computers. I told him it would probably be esier for him to learn on the mac than myself. I feel so dumbed down from years of redundant tasks on the evil pc. I cant wait for friday.

PS. I think my PC knows its getting replaced, because its really acting up.:bushman:
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

You'll be alright. I've been building PC's for a long time, over 10 years, and haven't had too many issues with the Mac, but there are some things that will take some adjustment. Make it a point to use the search, and you'll do just fine. Congratulations on the switch!

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

I went back and ordered a mac mini a router an a printer. Everything is shipped except the computers. Do they take longer to ship or what?
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

Now they shipped the wireless keyboard for the mac mini..but still no computers. I opted for express delivery. Do you guys think it will ship today? Is the delay because they are being built?
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

They told me today that the macs were custom so it takes longer. This happen to anyone here?
QUOTE Thanks
anderssonj.com

anderssonj.com is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0 GHz 1 GB

Yes. It seems that they package the computers individually according to buyer preferences, so some guy in China has to package the thing before it can be sent to you. I think.

I wanted a MacBook with a Swedish keyboard but with an English operating system, and of course that's a combination that has to be put together manually. It took more than two weeks for me to get the machine.
QUOTE Thanks
kilo15

IC. I jsut hope fed ex delivers on sundays.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Processor upgrade for imac- Is it worth it? | Return Policies As Of This Date »