Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Jan 06, 2007
    Posts
    468
    Pulled the trigger on a Macbook.
    2.0
    2GB ram
    160GB HD

    Should get it by friday.

  2. #2

    PowerBookG4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    you shot your macbook?


    congrats on your purchase
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2005
    Posts
    4,702
    Big Congrats kilo15!

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Jan 06, 2007
    Posts
    468
    Thanks guys. I am so excited. Been using pc's for 15 years...I hope this transition is easy.

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Dec 23, 2006
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    24
    Specs:
    2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, 30 GB iPod Video
    The transition for me has been great. It really isn't the "big deal" that some people like to make it. Give it a patient week and everything will be smooth sailing.

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Jan 06, 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by wwombach View Post
    The transition for me has been great. It really isn't the "big deal" that some people like to make it. Give it a patient week and everything will be smooth sailing.
    Will do.

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Sep 21, 2006
    Posts
    246
    congrats on your mac purchase. ive owned my macbook for about 4 months now and upgraded the ram to 2gb by myself and really love my mac. my windows desktop machine is now collectin dust
    white Macbook 1.83 GHz Core Duo/ 2 GB ram/ 60 GB HDD/ Wireless bluetooth mouse/ JBL Speakers

  8. #8

    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,926
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by kilo15 View Post
    Thanks guys. I am so excited. Been using pc's for 15 years...I hope this transition is easy.
    OS X is very easy to use. What's difficult about switching is to forget what you know about computers if that foundation was built upon Windows. There are (obviously) a ton of great threads in this forum that answer many common questions. So, as you go through and find annoyances or things that don't make sense based on your mindset, document them and pose them here (or use the search utility). My first week was a bit rough, but now I feel very comfortable - that only took a week - which is a testament to how user-friendly and easy it is to learn Mac OS.

    The funny thing is, I now find myself trying to two-finger tap on Windows notebooks at work As a network admin in a 1200+ Windows machine network, switching my brain from Mac to Windows can be a little tough.

  9. #9


    Member Since
    Jan 06, 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    OS X is very easy to use. What's difficult about switching is to forget what you know about computers if that foundation was built upon Windows. There are (obviously) a ton of great threads in this forum that answer many common questions. So, as you go through and find annoyances or things that don't make sense based on your mindset, document them and pose them here (or use the search utility). My first week was a bit rough, but now I feel very comfortable - that only took a week - which is a testament to how user-friendly and easy it is to learn Mac OS.

    The funny thing is, I now find myself trying to two-finger tap on Windows notebooks at work As a network admin in a 1200+ Windows machine network, switching my brain from Mac to Windows can be a little tough.
    Thanks much. I've been on this forum less than a week and it was my deciding factor on buying the mac. My brother knows nothing about computers. I told him it would probably be esier for him to learn on the mac than myself. I feel so dumbed down from years of redundant tasks on the evil pc. I cant wait for friday.

    PS. I think my PC knows its getting replaced, because its really acting up.:bushman:

  10. #10

    nukemm's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 15, 2006
    Location
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Posts
    913
    Specs:
    2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
    You'll be alright. I've been building PC's for a long time, over 10 years, and haven't had too many issues with the Mac, but there are some things that will take some adjustment. Make it a point to use the search, and you'll do just fine. Congratulations on the switch!

    Don't forget to use the reputation system!
    My Setup

  11. #11


    Member Since
    Jan 06, 2007
    Posts
    468
    I went back and ordered a mac mini a router an a printer. Everything is shipped except the computers. Do they take longer to ship or what?

  12. #12


    Member Since
    Jan 06, 2007
    Posts
    468
    Now they shipped the wireless keyboard for the mac mini..but still no computers. I opted for express delivery. Do you guys think it will ship today? Is the delay because they are being built?

  13. #13


    Member Since
    Jan 06, 2007
    Posts
    468
    They told me today that the macs were custom so it takes longer. This happen to anyone here?

  14. #14


    Member Since
    Dec 13, 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    30
    Specs:
    MacBook 2.0 GHz 1 GB
    Yes. It seems that they package the computers individually according to buyer preferences, so some guy in China has to package the thing before it can be sent to you. I think.

    I wanted a MacBook with a Swedish keyboard but with an English operating system, and of course that's a combination that has to be put together manually. It took more than two weeks for me to get the machine.

  15. #15


    Member Since
    Jan 06, 2007
    Posts
    468
    IC. I jsut hope fed ex delivers on sundays.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pulled the trigger
    By DonJ441 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 06:54 AM
  2. I pulled the trigger...
    By josephfazioli in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 06:46 PM
  3. i pulled the trigger...
    By lucky7 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 09:52 AM
  4. Just Pulled the Trigger
    By MMMII in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 01:36 AM
  5. Ok, the trigger has been pulled
    By Hammondc in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •