New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple.com vs. Reseller - Pros and Cons?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Don't get bogged down in the details. HFS+ is, for all intents and purposes, "Mac OS X Filesystem." You don't have to worry about it beyond that.

If you want your external HDDs to be accessible by non-Mac computers, use FAT32. If you know you will never need to access them from a PC, you can use HFS+ and never have to worry about things like defragmenting, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
Warren

Warren is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Reefed 2.33Ghz 17" MBP

Darn it! I had just entered all of my details, with hopes of purchasing an awesome 2.33 GHz refurbished MBP 17", when the message "Your Cart has been updated to reflect that some lucky bugger was just a bit quicker than you!" appeared.... Guess it wasn't meant to be....

Good Luck to whomever scored that gem!
QUOTE Thanks
Warren

Well, got her this time! A refurbed 2.33Ghz MBP 17". Can't wait! I've read that Apple is very prompt when it comes to shipping, so hopefully it'll be here by the weekend.
QUOTE Thanks
Warren

Prompt, you say? It's shipping, today!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Someone's a little excited ...
QUOTE Thanks
Warren

I'm thinking about meeting Fed Ex, half way, hehehehe.
QUOTE Thanks
brianj08

brianj08 will become famous soon enough

i got my macbook off amazon.com back in august. they always seem to have a 100$ rebate on their macbooks and such. it ended up costing me 999 for the base model
then i upgraded to 2gb ram.

white Macbook 1.83 GHz Core Duo/ 2 GB ram/ 60 GB HDD/ Wireless bluetooth mouse/ JBL Speakers
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I'm thinking about meeting Fed Ex, half way, hehehehe.
lol Why not take a day off to blissfully wait by the window to wait for the Fed Ex truck???

I did that with my when I ordered my 1st apple product, my pink 1G ipod mini...I was so 'effin excited!

QUOTE Thanks
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty4mac View Post
lol Why not take a day off to blissfully wait by the window to wait for the Fed Ex truck???

I did that with my when I ordered my 1st apple product, my pink 1G ipod mini...I was so 'effin excited!
Well, that's the most excellent idea. On problem, though......it's being delivered to where I work.....neye:
QUOTE Thanks
Warren

Shipping companies are so retarded. My MBP was in Middletown, PA and they sent it to Memphis. UPS does the same kind of thing, the morons, sending stuff to their "hubs" or whatever. Could've had the blasted thing, already!!
QUOTE Thanks
Warren

It's here and I'm typing on an ULTRA sexy keyboard!! Man, this thing is nice!!! The only thing that bothers me, and I suppose it can be classified as trivial, is some light leakage across the bottom of the screen. Other than that, this thing seems to be quite awesome!
QUOTE Thanks
Warren

Don't know why I bother to keep asking questions in this thread. May as well start a new one, for each, like everyone else. Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I was wondering how to rename files. How does one change the name of an image file. I just don't get it....
QUOTE Thanks
Warren

It's easy, as long as the file is in Finder. It will not work when it's on the Desktop.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Brand new MacBook . . . Problem with iPhoto | Database software for Mac & Windows Mobile »