New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Right click search google

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

timboellis1

timboellis1 is on a distinguished road

Within Safari when you right click once highlighted an item you can click search google, any way to get it to search .co.uk instead of .com?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

It would require some work, probably using AppleScript or Automator or a app like:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/16170

This link has some good info on installing Contextual Menu Items (CMI's) by hand and tells you where they live on your HD:

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/ma...28/cm_pt1.html
QUOTE Thanks
thefarky

thefarky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive

timboellis1, I recommend Inquisitor. It allows you to configure exactly what sites you want to search. By default, it automatically searches Google.com, but you can easily change that in the Safari preferences. Inquisitor also allows you to add multiple(I don't know a limit) sites to automatically search while you type. I hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarky View Post
timboellis1, I recommend Inquisitor. It allows you to configure exactly what sites you want to search. By default, it automatically searches Google.com, but you can easily change that in the Safari preferences. Inquisitor also allows you to add multiple(I don't know a limit) sites to automatically search while you type. I hope this helps.
I use this program too, it works flawlessly in safari and is a great little aid.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarky View Post
By default, it automatically searches Google.com, but you can easily change that in the Safari preferences.
How? A search of the web (via Google, of course ) and a search of Apple.com didn't turn up any easy solutions.
QUOTE Thanks
thefarky

Mac Specs: MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive

ToddG, go to the Safari preferences, select the Search tab, and change the source to another locale of Google or Yahoo, or click Edit Sites and change it to what you want.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Come on ... you're teasing me now right?

This is what I get when I choose Safari->Preferences

There is no search tab.
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

I just checked and there's no Search Tab in my Safari Prefs...
QUOTE Thanks
thefarky

You might have an old vesion of Inquisitor. You might want to try downloading the newest version. It should look like this:
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

I don't have Inquisitor. Mystery solved. :ninja:

I took your earlier statement (quoted by me above) to mean that the default search engine could be changed without Inquisitor. My bad, sorry.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I cannot find the back button | Switched »