Thread: Mail question

sfcaj
    Mail question
    I have a few basic questions about Mail. I would like to make some folders to put certain email in and can't seem to figure out how to do that. Is this the "smart folder" feature? If so, I can't figure it out.

I am also unable to organize my address book. Does it automatically sort alphabetically all of my addresses? If so, their alphabetizing is a little different than I am used to. Some are alphabetized by first name, and others by the last name. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mail question
    To add a folder, just click the "+" sign underneath the column of folders.

"Smart folders" are folders which help you organize things from many different sources. For example, if you get email from your best friend joe@friends.com and his girlfriend rachel@friends.com and their buddy ross@friends.com, and you want them all to show up in their own special folder, you could make a "Smart Folder" for that. And because the "Smart Folder" is really just a pointer to the actual emails, you can simultaneously organize the emails in another way (say, each in their own folder).

Or, you could create a "Smart Folder" that shows you all of the emails you've received with attachments. Lots of options, worth playing with.

Or, you could create a "Smart Folder" that will contain all of the emails you've received with the word "Mactastic!" in them.

I cannot comment on the address book issue, mine alphabetizes properly. Perhaps the application you used to add the address mixed up first & last names? Also, some people's email addresses can make it hard for the computer to figure it out automatically. A little editing by hand may be necessary.

Mail question
    Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Thread Information