Specs:
    MacBook White 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 768 MB RAM, iMac Bondi (Rev. A) 233 MHz G3, 288 MB RAM, Panther.
    Launch applications on login?
    I just got a new 1.83 MacBook yesterday, and I installed the program iAlertU (In case you've never heard of it, it uses the sudden motion sensor in your Mac to act as a "car alarm" of sorts). It's starting to annoy me that every time I boot up the Mac, I have to manually start iAlertU. Is there any way I can make the computer start iAlertU automatically when I load Mac OS?

Specs:
    2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
    I don't know how, but I have a similar question, only it's about running an Automator script on login to map my network shares...

Bump for a good question.

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
    My Setup

MacHeadCase
    There sure is. Just go to the System Preferences and spot the Accounts in the System section near the bottom.

Click on the Accounts icon and making sure your account is highlighted, click on the Login Items tab. Click on the + sign at the bottom and navigate to the Applications folder (or wherever you put the app in question)and then the app you want to start when your Mac starts up and click on the Add button. The app should now be added to your startup items list.

Specs:
    2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    There sure is. Just go to the System Preferences and spot the Accounts in the System section near the bottom.

Click on the Accounts icon and making sure your account is highlighted, click on the Login Items tab. Click on the + sign at the bottom and navigate to the Applications folder (or wherever you put the app in question)and then the app you want to start when your Mac starts up and click on the Add button. The app should now be added to your startup items list.
    I'm gonna go try this out right now, MHC. If it works, double reputation points for you!

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
    My Setup

Specs:
    MacBook White 1.83 GHz Core 2 Duo, 768 MB RAM, iMac Bondi (Rev. A) 233 MHz G3, 288 MB RAM, Panther.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post

Thanks, MacHeadCase, gave ya reputation points. It works perfectly.

Also, if you put the program in your Dock, right-click (control-click) the program's icon to bring up the context menu and "Open at Login" should be an option you can check.

Thread Information