New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Switcher Here: Macbook Ordered Today!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pruppert

pruppert is on a distinguished road

Well I've made the switch. I ordered my black Macbook with 2 gigs of RAM and the Apple Care Protection this afternoon. Then, I get an email a few hours later saying that it has just shipped and will be here around Dec. 27th! Man, that's a speedy order-to-shipment interval!

And here's a little tip to other's about to buy. I went to the Apple Educational Store online to make my purchase cause I'm currently in grad school and saved around $200 on the whole purchase. Not bad I thought. So check it out. But I also do not recall having to verify to Apple that I was in fact a student at the university which I specified, and now that the shipment is on the way, I doubt I will ever have to. Something to ponder . . .

Anyway, I can't wait till it comes. Thanks to the forum for all the info.:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

good luck! let us know how you like it when you've had some time with it!
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

awsome CONGRATS!!! Glad to see you made the switch!
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

Congratulations on mking the switch. You won't regret it.
QUOTE Thanks
pruppert

Ok, so I am flaburgasted! I ordered the macbook around 2 or 3 in the afternoon yesterday and requested it be delivered to my parent's house cause I can't receive packages that big here at my apartment. Well, my mom just called me saying that it was delivered at 8:00 this morning!!! I just used standard 5 day shipping but that baby got there in just about 15 hours!!! I am so pumped!!!!
Well I gonna go over there now and check it out. Can't wait!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pruppert

Ok, so I am flaburgasted! I ordered the macbook around 2 or 3 in the afternoon yesterday and requested it be delivered to my parent's house cause I can't receive packages that big here at my apartment. Well, my mom just called me saying that it was delivered at 8:00 this morning!!! I just used standard 5 day shipping but that baby got there in just about 15 hours!!! I am so pumped!!!!
Well I'm gonna go over there now and check it out. Can't wait!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Gratz on the new MB.

Gratz on the new MB.
QUOTE Thanks
spidoman

spidoman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz macbook, 2GB RAM, 80GB HD.

I ordered mine this morning, and am getting it tomorrow. I can't wait! Too bad I never get anything until around 5pm. Lame! Also too bad that my logitech revolution mouse won't be here for a couple more days still.

I plan on using bootcamp for my XP needs, but I want to use OS X as much as possible.

I've been looking for a tutorial of like.....what are the first things to do when you get your mac, but haven't been able to find one.
QUOTE Thanks
thefarky

thefarky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook - White: 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-layer SuperDrive

Congratulations! I guarantee that you will love it!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidoman View Post
I plan on using bootcamp for my XP needs, but I want to use OS X as much as possible.
What exactly are your XP needs? If they're relatively simple, I suggest taking a look at Parallels as then you'll be able to run Windows and Mac OS X side by side.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Congrats! Bet the wait is unbearable!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« like being back at school | What shortcut commands are available on the keyboard? »