New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Why did ya'll switch to mac??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Texasmeat

Texasmeat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

I am switching to mac mainly because I do alot of audio work and the windows software out there is crap and you need to buy a ton of add on hardware to do anything with it.
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

Because it was required for the first program I was enrolled in. Now I have a $2000 paperweight... just kidding. It actually works just fine in computer science as well as graphic design. Xcode rocks.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

I bought my mac because that's what I do all my work in my classes with. I'm in graphic design...so yeah..macs the way to go....also because for laptops..they've just got the best out there. And because panther amazed me.
QUOTE Thanks
kjellquist

I bought a Mac because I was sick and tired of rebooting Windoze...the more I use OSX the more I hate Windoze
QUOTE Thanks
Kreza

I was bored,, and it looked so purdy!!
QUOTE Thanks
s3pt1k

Battery life, ease of use.

Battery life is double that of my friends' PC laptops
QUOTE Thanks
jsgates

irrational urge to just switch.
QUOTE Thanks
Zenistar

Zenistar is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 MBP, 2GB, 7200 100GB disk | Dual 2Ghz G5, 1.5Gb RAM, 20" cinema | 15" 1.25 PB / 4Gb iPod Nano

Battery life (First switch was the laptop), stability, design, unix underlay, security...
QUOTE Thanks
Mac-Gyver

Hi.
I havent switched yet, but i can tell u all im gonna switch within the next months for 2 main reasons.
1 - Ive heard so much good about MSC + OSX wich makes me wanna switch
2 - I just loooove how OSX looks and the dsign on the iBooks...
QUOTE Thanks
msSwitch

I made the switch a few weeks ago. Initially, I fell in love with the titanium powerbook's good looks - sleek, sliver, sexy... I'm big on visuals. When I saw a friend's up close I thought... "wow!" After using the Mac OS X system for just a day or two I was sold. I absolutely love the simplicity of installing programs: drag and drop. Uninstalling? drag and drop into the trash. No more .DLLs, no more incompatibilities, no more uninstalling and reinstalling from "control panel/add/remove programs...

Oh, and being the big digitial photo taker that I am, I was blown away by the included bundle of iLife '04. I'm a video editing junkie now... I've called up friends and family members and offered to burn their home movies to DVD just to be able to play around with iDVD and iMovie more extensively. I never needed a driver or software installation when I hooked up my camera, my bluetooth mouse, my iSight, none of my peripherals... just plug it in, and it works. So sweet! iPod? Works like a dream. I can't imagine ever going back to Windoze again.

Now I see what all the fuss is about.
QUOTE Thanks
msSwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmeat
I am switching to mac mainly because I do alot of audio work and the windows software out there is crap and you need to buy a ton of add on hardware to do anything with it.

And let me also say that Airport Extreme works incredibly well. My IBM Thinkpad with Linksys aircard could barely keep me online one flight up from my basement to my first floor. With my Airport Exteme and Powerbook, I'm sitting here in my bedroom on the second floor with a full signal from my router down in the basement. At work, in a huge NYC office building, I constantly pick up wireless networks from several floors above me. Amazing...
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Unix environment was the thing that caused me to spend the money on a mac. I do a lot of work in unix and being able to run it natively on my machine has made life at work and in class SO much easier.
QUOTE Thanks
bamon

i haven't switched yet also, but i am going to because i tried an ibook yesterday and it's JUST AWSOME !
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a 15 inch MacBook Pro from September 2010 with 10.9 - yay!

I switched to a Mac because Windows crashed every time I used it. I don't think Windows likes me. :rolleyes:

My Mac, on the other hand is awesome! When I go back home and am 'forced' to use a PC, I always miss my Mac because it's soooo much cooler, and it listens to me!
QUOTE Thanks
EYPUFF

EYPUFF is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive

4 main reasons I swtiched:
1) Final Cut Pro
2) SoundTrack
3) Reason
4) Having the PowerBook support all of them at once.. hahaha.

and the looks of the PowerBook don't hurt either.

PowerBook G4. iLove it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ctrl alt del for the mac | Just made the switch »