New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Which 2 button mouse to use?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rdsacto

I recently switched over -- purchased a nice G5 over Christmas and love it. However I sure miss the right-click mouse feature of PCs.

Can someone suggest a good 2-button Mac mouse and where to get it? I don't need wireless. I do want another optical mouse, not a track ball.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
dziner

I have the Logitech MX700 and love it. I would recommend any Logitech mice for your new G5.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I have the kensington optical elite and really love it! It's a 4 button mouse with a scroll whell, optical, and has a really kewl blue glowing color to it

Loving Apple

Jumping cursor

Also there is one called "The Mouse" which you could probably google that looks very very promising and it'll probably be my next mouse that I purchase.
QUOTE Thanks
MAC-simus

MAC-simus has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2GHz C2D macbook

any logitech mouse will do.
do not forget to download logitech control center (can get if from apple website, is in drivers) if you think of multi.button mouse.
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

I like MacAlly mice in addition to LogiTech. I stay away from Kensington stuff after hearing about some of their business practices.
QUOTE Thanks
StarManta

MacMice.com has a nice 2-button mouse that looks similar to Apple's mouse, if that's important to you. Otherwise, Microsoft (yeah, i know) makes decent, cheap mice. And Logitech is good too
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

So what's this about Kensington's business practices?

Yep that's the next one that I will be getting.. "The Mouse" from MacMice.com.. very kewl mouse!
QUOTE Thanks
Chamorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
So what's this about Kensington's business practices?
They basically sue the "little guys" to death if they come out w/ a product similar the Kensington's. I don't know if they do this across all product lines, but they definitely do this w/ the various security cable products (which make up the majority of their profits). Smaller companies simply don't have the resources to be involved in litigation, whereas Kensington can usually get revenues from other products.
QUOTE Thanks
supenguin

I use Logitech. Highly recommended. I got one that was two buttons with a scrollwheel in the middle. I plugged it in, and it just worked on Panther. No updates, no drivers to install. I didn't even have to configure anything!
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

Logictech works for me......so far...having a few problems with it sometimes...when I'm not plugged into the wall..but that seems like it might be a usb problem...anyone know?
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Apple

Logotech MX700, Very good mouse. Ive shortcutted expose to the extra buttons which is handy.
QUOTE Thanks
s3pt1k

The best mouse yet IMO:
http://www.macmice.com/

Enjoy!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Yep that's the one Im going to be getting!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

I would love to hear some reviews from people here that have already purchased it.. how's the software that comes with it? I do currently use a 4 button mouse with a mousewheel.. it would be hard to give up the extra buttons though
QUOTE Thanks
Kathie

I have had my iMac for just over two weeks. I lasted a week with the one button mouse. I did a lot of reading and research. I found the best mouse for my needs was the LogitechMX500. It fits my hand nicely, has two buttons on the left side for going forward and back in the browser (I'm right handed). It is a wired mouse, which I trust more than a wireless. I don't want the occasional frustration of a pointer bouncing around. Also has a scroll wheel and buttons to scroll up and down automatically and a button to change applications. I'm a happy surfer with my Logitech!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« CDRW Solution | Shout I make The Switch? »