New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Switching anticipation!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikeylee

mikeylee can only hope to improve

Christmas is coming early. I thought I was being nice buying my wife an 8 gig Nano for Christmas. Come to find out, she had to tell me about a delivery that may come tomorrow since she will not be around to get it. A 24" iMac with upgraded CPU, video card, 2 gig memory, with Applecare is enroute as I type!!! Goodbye PC (although I will keep it around) and hello my first Mac. 48 years old and this old dog is ready to learn new tricks!!!

With great glee,
Mikeylee

P.S. And to think I have been telling her all of the reasons I was waiting to buy one (MacWorld announcements, wait for OS 10.5 to come out, etc.)...but the sweet lady saw through all that. :-) I am almost giddy! Thanks for listening to me babble! ml
QUOTE Thanks
Scroatdog

Scroatdog will become famous soon enough

Looks like you've got yourself a keeper!! (the wife, I mean) LOL Congrats! You'll find, like me, that the Mac experience is just that - and experience.

Enjoy!

1) Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 GHz, iWork, Ilife 06, Logic Pro, Office 2K4
2) A PC with a bunch of stuff in it.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Congratulations, mikeylee! And remember that if ever you have any questions, just ask, we'll be around!
QUOTE Thanks
mikeylee

This forum has already been a wealth of information in coming to this point. Believe me, I will pester the forum with questions. I need to remember the mantra, "This is not windows...forget XP"
mikeylee
QUOTE Thanks
jadefoodog

im considering getting a hopped up imac also
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeylee View Post
This forum has already been a wealth of information in coming to this point. Believe me, I will pester the forum with questions. I need to remember the mantra, "This is not windows...forget XP"
mikeylee
Whoah! You have learned the first lesson very well indeed!
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Congrats!! Come over to the dark side lol

QUOTE Thanks
mikeylee

Oh...and pretty girls like Netty4man use Macs...ALWAYS a bonus (I am happily married, not dead )

Sorry MacHeadCase, One ringy dingy never floated my boat!

mikeylee
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Quote:
Oh...and pretty girls like Netty4man use Macs...ALWAYS a bonus (I am happily married, not dead )

mikeylee

Oh..I'm blushing :flower:

QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty4mac View Post
Congrats!! Come over to the dark side lol
Seems to me he's coming out of the dark!
QUOTE Thanks
mikeylee

Netty,

Young lady being complimented by a guy old enough to be your pappy = blushing? You must blush easily.

Since you were recently a newbie to Macs, any words of advice that would have helped you? Remember, I know the mantra...just have to remember it during times I WANT OS X to be XP!

mikeylee

Oh yea, made my first venture into myspace to see you page and opps! no entry. (fear not, I am not a leach...just getting goofy and giddy.) ml
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Quote:

mikeylee
*Shock* Didn't you say you were married?

QUOTE Thanks
mikeylee

My friends think I am nuts for wanting to go (and now goiing) to a Mac, so they think it is the dark side!! I am thinking they would be blinded by the brightness on the Mac dark side.
mikeylee
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

You just watch them turn green with envy. And when one of them phones you full of anxiety because his PC is crawling with worms and virii, you can just sympathize with him/her. :girl:
QUOTE Thanks
mikeylee

macHeadCase,

Happily so, but also just as happily not dead...WOOHOO!!

I wonder how many around here are too you to know who you have as you icon picture thingy-ma-bob. (Without figuring out how to google an answer).

mikeylee
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« please convince me (considering switching) | Newbie Download Help Needed Please? »