New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Newbie Download Help Needed Please?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ms1000

ms1000 is on a distinguished road

First of all,im glad to have made the switch after plenty of ummming and arrring!

Ive just bought a new imac,my first Mac and have just gotten round to downloading.

Ive downloaded Transmission after some advice from other Mac users but cant seem to get anything going.Ive gone through some old advice given out using the search option but cant seem to crack it.

Anyone have a idiot proof way of getting round the issue?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms1000 View Post

Ive downloaded Transmission after some advice from other Mac users but cant seem to get anything going.Ive gone through some old advice given out using the search option but cant seem to crack it.

Anyone have a idiot proof way of getting round the issue?

Thanks in advance.
Not sure just what your "Issue" is... "Transmission" What is that? Are you talking about the program "Transmit" ? which is an FTP program ? Just what issure are you having?

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
ms1000

Sorry,

Should have said i cant get any downloads going.Im sure its something to do with the firewall settings but am not sure on how i go about changeing them.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Can you explain:

(1) What program are you trying to use?
(2) What are you trying to download?
(3) What errors or system messages are you seeing that tell you there is a problem?
QUOTE Thanks
ms1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
Can you explain:

(1) What program are you trying to use?
(2) What are you trying to download?
(3) What errors or system messages are you seeing that tell you there is a problem?
Hi, Im using Transmission for downloading Music mainly.

The error says NAT problem?
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Given that it appears to be a software-specific issue, I'd recommend checking out their support forum. I found it here:

Transmission OS X Support
QUOTE Thanks
benzslrpee

benzslrpee will become famous soon enough

if you're getting a NAT error that means either your software firewall or router is blocking the port that Transmission wants to use. to get rid of that you'll have to forward the port your want, for example, some people forward port 52000.

go to www.portforward.com and choose your router/wireless router, then it will tell you to pick the program in question (in your case it would be Transmission) then it will walk you through step by step on how to forward your ports.

the other way around it is to turn off all firewalls but i don't really recommend that for the obvious reason.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switching anticipation! | Can you do this in Tiger?? »