New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I've got a new mini!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook

This is the greatest day of my computing life. Less than 2 hours in and I've already installed Photoshop CS2, Firefox 2.0, and have configured all of my shared network resources (card reader, printer, fileserver on main PC). This is a piece of cake. I got a 1.83GHZ Mini with 512MB of RAM and this thing isn't as slow as people had made them out to be. I'm running MSN Messenger, Firefox, Photoshop, and a couple of Finder windows wile playing music in iTunes without any problems. Weird.

Anyways, my experience was great at the University Village Apple Store. I got a nice Military discount, bringing my total down under $950 including bluetooth keyboard, mouse, and sales tax.

Here's a screenshot from a few minutes ago...

Don't forget to use the reputation system!
My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

awesome i hope you enjoy it
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Congrats on the purchase.

Looks like you can change your sig now
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Congratulations on your new acquisition, nukemm!

And don't forget: we're here for you if ever you have any questions. :girl:
QUOTE Thanks
Slokunshialgo

Slokunshialgo will become famous soon enough

Congrats! When I got mine, I was hooking it up at school, using the monitor, keyboard and mouse from an older PowerMac. My friend and I were treating it as though it was the holy grail when I was setting it up. It randomly restarted while I was going through the setup, though...

And yes, a mini kicks so much ***, though you sound like you got a better model than I did (Just from the price), so your experience will probably be a lot better than mine.

PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 2 GM RAM, Total 750 GB HDD, Windows Vista Business (For gaming), Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (64-bit), Slackware 12 (For GTK# coding)
Mac: 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Mini
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

nukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the roughnukemm is a jewel in the rough

This thing is awesome so far, I can't wait to start trying out cool things, like the little remote. How does this guy work?

My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

the remote works with itunes and front row and some other things. press the menu button to get to front row.
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

Wow.

This is seriously the greatest computer I've ever owned. I don't know why PC's aren't this easy. This remote thing is the coolest gadget ever.

My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

Im glad you like it macs are truly amazing. You might wanna upgrade your ram down the line though
QUOTE Thanks
mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

congrats sounds cool.

tell me how it run games when if ou use bootcamp.

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
QUOTE Thanks
Netty4mac

Netty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to beholdNetty4mac is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4

Congrats!!! I love the GTI!!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

NICE! Congratulations!

QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacmatt09 View Post
Im glad you like it macs are truly amazing. You might wanna upgrade your ram down the line though
After the first of the year (read: tax return time) I plan on getting upgrading the processor and maxing the ram out, along with getting it it's own 20+" widescreen LCD. I'm not doing it justice right now on my 19" LCD, but in the hierarchy that is my computer desk, the PC has been relegated to a 15" LCD, and is now the second computer of preference, no longer the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netty4mac View Post
Congrats!!! I love the GTI!!
Me, too. That car is actually the reason I was able to throw down for a new Mac today. I refinanced last week and I don't have a payment due until the 15th of January, and my new payment is only half of the old payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr g5 View Post
congrats sounds cool.

tell me how it run games when if ou use bootcamp.
I might run bootcamp just to check it out, but I don't have much of a "real" need for it, as I do have my PC that is plenty capable, though it is over 2 years old. At the very least I'll be upgrading the RAM before trying anything too serious.

My Setup
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Congrats!! Glad you like your new intel Mini.

One question though, you are not running Firefox and Messenger out of the Mounted DMG Image are you? If so, drag the file out of the image to the applications folder otherwise you will have to open the image every time and mount it before you can run those apps. In your picture it looks that way. If you already copied them to the Apps folder, disregard this and enjoy that Mini!!
QUOTE Thanks
nukemm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Congrats!! Glad you like your new intel Mini.

One question though, you are not running Firefox and Messenger out of the Mounted DMG Image are you? If so, drag the file out of the image to the applications folder otherwise you will have to open the image every time and mount it before you can run those apps. In your picture it looks that way. If you already copied them to the Apps folder, disregard this and enjoy that Mini!!
Thanks for the tip, I suppose I should probably do that before I get frustrated.

My Setup
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Network to PC to file transfer, HELP! | Should i Wait til Leapord comes out to get my new Macbook? »