New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Should i Wait til Leapord comes out to get my new Macbook?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
MacNewbie

 
Member Since: Dec 06, 2006
Posts: 409
MacNewbie is an unknown at this point

MacNewbie is offline
Everyone keeps saying the leapord is coming out "soon" any scope on how soon?
and some are saying that its not gona b out for a while...

im kinda wondering if i should wait to get my macbook..

are there any really hardcore mac fans that have a general idea
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

 
Member Since: Jul 22, 2003
Location: Hamilton College
Posts: 7,003
trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

trpnmonkey41 is offline
Spring of 2007 is all we know

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
dadude1083

 
Member Since: Nov 30, 2006
Location: Rockford, OH
Posts: 86
dadude1083 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x

dadude1083 is offline
No, shouldn't wait
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

 
Kash's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 03, 2006
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 9,385
Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Kash is offline
I remember somebody else asking a similar question on the forum....

Leopard isn't going to be out till late Spring 2007, so unless you want to wait 6 months, I suggest you just get a Mac now and then upgrade to Leopard when it comes out.
QUOTE Thanks
MattSharp

 
Member Since: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 95
MattSharp is an unknown at this point

MattSharp is offline
I read on one of the rumor sites that March is the target. I would view it as how much money do you have to blow? Leopard will probably run you ~$150. If getting it three months early is worth an extra $150 then go for it. Otherwise, might as well wait.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

 
Reel1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 29, 2006
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 606
Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

Reel1 is offline
One problem with waiting for Leopard is that rumor has it there will be another new version of the OS coming out some time in the future.

Bottom line is there will always be something new/better just around the corner. Ultimately the decision to wait or buy will be yours. I chose to buy and am very happy I did.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

 
PunkRockTuba's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 27, 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 975
PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

PunkRockTuba is offline
If you dont need the macbook right now and can wait with no problems, might as well wait. If you really need the computer and dont mind paying for the new OS, get the computer now and then upgrade when you feel the time is right.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« I've got a new mini! | How do I use realplayer on a brand new iMac? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
19 Days with a Macbook Pro b.hicks Switcher Hangout 23 03-01-2010 12:49 AM
MacBook impressions - trip to store kaidomac Schweb's Lounge 24 10-14-2007 01:45 PM
MacBook Review from a New Owner. My 2 Cents. itsdaydrmer Schweb's Lounge 5 12-08-2006 04:54 AM
The "Mod your MacBook" thread kaidomac Apple Notebooks 50 07-11-2006 08:49 PM
MacBook Pro - To wait or not to wait? Spicky Apple Notebooks 29 05-15-2006 12:29 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?