New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Can't delete from flash drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rmplstiltskn

Rmplstiltskn is on a distinguished road

I have a flash drive that I used on my PC for a long time and now I've been using it to move things to my mac from my PC. I've found that when I try to delete something off the flash drive from the mac it removes the file from the window but it doesn't free any space. I have to delete the files from the drive in windows to actually free up the space. How can I fix this so it works correctly on my mac?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

After you move the item to the trash, you must empty the trash to complete the process.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Rmplstiltskn

Rmplstiltskn is on a distinguished road

Very good. Thank you, sir.
QUOTE Thanks
vinbasshred

vinbasshred is on a distinguished road

I tried emptying the trash and ejecting the drive then reinserting and it still says I only a have a few mb's left. Macbook semi-pro is more like it. I now have to go buy CD's to move a file, this will make me late mac.

ps. this has happened with every jump I've bought.
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

This post was from almost 4 years ago...

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbasshred View Post
I tried emptying the trash and ejecting the drive then reinserting and it still says I only a have a few mb's left. Macbook semi-pro is more like it. I now have to go buy CD's to move a file, this will make me late mac.

ps. this has happened with every jump I've bought.
This is as good as your other post:
3 & 4 finger swipe not working

Quote:
this is bs. mine's been doing this since b4 snow leopard and it continued after. I guess I'm gonna have to do without my laptop for however long it takes to get fixed with applecare. not cool mac. not cool at all. I'm no longer an advocate after this and other problems. Its a facade.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photo Shop Elements | 24h/7 days magsafe plugged? »