New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

So how do I...?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dadude1083

dadude1083 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x

Play Windows Media Player files on a Mac? I downloaded WMV, and now I am trying to get the radio widget I just downloaded to play, but it keeps saying I dont have the file to play.

The live radio stream is here:
http://www.989thebear.com/WBYRStream.asp

If you click that and you can hear something, then I guess its me doing something wrong. Any help appreciated!

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

I guess you might be doing something wrong Have you downloaded and installed flip4mac? If not try it.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

By the way your missing some pretty good music
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

New version of the VLC Player supports WMV too.
QUOTE Thanks
dadude1083

Mac Specs: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x

I downloaded Flip4Mac, but it may not have been correct. It downloaded, then I drag it into my Apps folder? Is that right?
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Hello give this a try.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Installing Flip4Mac.pdf (81.6 KB, 9 views)
QUOTE Thanks
dadude1083

Im using a school PC at the moment, but when I get back I will be sure to try that out.

So if Flip4Mac works, I should be able to play Windows Media Files correct right?
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Works for me, after you install you should be able to open your system preferences and a flip4mac wmv will show up in the bottom of it.....Like this one.

Good Luck
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (918.2 KB, 15 views)
QUOTE Thanks
dadude1083

Argh, I am at school right now so I can't read/see what your talking about! I really want to get home and try this out. I am pretty sure I installed it right, because it went into the little window and said it installed, and then I took it from there to my apps folder, and if I click on it, Quicktime pops up. Sounds like I did the right thing right?
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Yeah it does. What happens when i click on your link for the Bear quicktime opens and begins to play the stream. At the moment Master of Puppets by Metallica is playing.

Let me now how you make out when you get home.
QUOTE Thanks
macforme

macforme is on a distinguished road

I'm glad I found this post, I wondering the same thing. I downloaded the flip4mac using safari and it works great. Thanks guys.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Glad to have helped
QUOTE Thanks
dadude1083

So I got home, tried it, and the live stream worked.. but the radio widget is not! Whats up with that, I set it up just how they said to...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« SPELL CHECK question | Question regarding a network »