New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Cookies/Cache/etc

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jason310

Jason310 is on a distinguished road

So uh... With PCs it was kind of involved to clear out history/cookies/file caches etc. Do Macs contain the same type of thing? Do they save webpages, cookies etc? If so how do you clean them out? :bone:
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

user>library>caches and you can delete them..
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

There is a web cache, cookies and a history in most, if not all, browsers. In Safari, it is as easy as selecting Clear History and Empty Cache from the menu bar. For cookies you can go into the Preferences and have it not accept cookies from any site, always accept them or just from sites you navigate to. You can easily clear those as well
QUOTE Thanks
JRV

JRV will become famous soon enough

what do i need to clear in order to hide temp files connected to nudy sites i visit? just the browsers cache or the system cache too?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I suggest taking a look at a program called Onyx. It has lots of cleaning and maintenance options. Just select all the cache and forms buttons, hit the Execute button, and you're in the clear. Much easier than digging around on your own.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Book Pro vs Macbook | Have to re-install Firefox 2.0 every time I login »