New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Just arrived! My Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacJet

MacJet will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 Macbook, 1G Ram, 60G HD

Fedex just dropped it off an hour ago. I'm a switcher.

I will get through most of the threads here, but real quick, how do I resize the browsing window to full screen?

Ex-PC semi-pro, Mac idiot
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

you dont... well you can but you have to drag it from a corner like in windows.. but usualy its not neccasary just click the green circle and it will go to the size best for that window
QUOTE Thanks
MacJet

Got it. I remember reading about the corners in Macworld but I couldn't find it until I hit the green button again. Thanks.

I took a class on Office on PC a while back. Is there a similiar text book out for Mac

I feel pretty lost right now.
QUOTE Thanks
MacJet

Also, what are the thoughts for .xls on Mac? My company uses Excel for spreadsheets. Should I go with Office for Mac or is there something on here now or do I need to look at something else.
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Offi.../dp/0321247477 ????
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

office is the way to go if your working for a company that uses office for their work
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Awesome, post pics in the setup thread...see sig for link.
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

You can go full screen using this tool.

Congrats. on you new purchase !
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Clicking on the green button in the top left of any window will maximize it. Re-clicking on the green button the window will bring it back to its former size.

Congrats on your latest acquisition! :girl:
QUOTE Thanks
MacJet

I've got a Cannon SD450 that I need to figure out how to talk to this machine. As soon as I can do that I'll post pics of my new machine.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

office is the way to go if you need to integrate into an office (with outlook for meetings and such. otherwise it's just a lot of money lost.

try neooffice, works just fine with ms formats (.doc, .xls, etc).

good luck with your macbook!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJet View Post
I've got a Cannon SD450 that I need to figure out how to talk to this machine. As soon as I can do that I'll post pics of my new machine.
On your Canon camera if it does not show up on the desktop (Which some Canons won't), or won't show up in iPhoto, go to Applications and open Image Capture. That should do it for you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« switcher: questions about itunes, wireless, bootcamp... | Exchange on the MAC »