Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Specs:
    MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
    ive got the same problem with the SMC router, i cant connect to it for some reason, can someone help me please? this sux not being able to connect i see the router and everything, but i cant connect to it, it gives me an error. (there was an error joining the Airport network "UrAsS" my routers name anyone?

Specs:
    13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
    My linksys wireless router won't let me connect unless I put a '$' as the first character of my WEP password.

But you seem to be having other issues.

Tomorrow should be fun, Verizon is installing FIOS in my apt. and I understand they give you their own wireless router. They say Macs are supported though.

Quote Originally Posted by comthre3 View Post
    ive got the same problem with the SMC router, i cant connect to it for some reason, can someone help me please? this sux not being able to connect i see the router and everything, but i cant connect to it, it gives me an error. (there was an error joining the Airport network "UrAsS" my routers name anyone?
    I was just reading about similar problems on the Apple boards regarding many people not being able to connect wirelessly to networks after getting the 10.4.9 update or the Airport update. Often, the problem can be fixed by purchasing an Airport Base Station, but that's not really a fix. Apple is aware of the problem and is working on a solution.

I've been planning on buying a MBP and making the switch, but since I travel all over the place...not being able to connect to wifi in hotels would be a HUGE problem for me. I guess the temporary "solution" for me would be to make sure NOT to install any updates until this problem is solved.

Specs:
    Macbook, 80GB, 1GB, Superdrive
    oh no - i just took delivery of a BT Homehub this morning and hope i don't get this problem when I get home and set it up. I had problems connecting to our wireless network at work (same error message as original poster) but connected just fine in a Starbucks/T-Zone area. wish me luck!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell The Glove View Post
    I was just reading about similar problems on the Apple boards regarding many people not being able to connect wirelessly to networks after getting the 10.4.9 update or the Airport update. Often, the problem can be fixed by purchasing an Airport Base Station, but that's not really a fix. Apple is aware of the problem and is working on a solution.

I've been planning on buying a MBP and making the switch, but since I travel all over the place...not being able to connect to wifi in hotels would be a HUGE problem for me. I guess the temporary "solution" for me would be to make sure NOT to install any updates until this problem is solved.
    hmm i dont remember installing any wireless updates, it asked me to update a couple of things though. when i first connected to the internet (through an rj45 cable) can i go back? to the old drivers or something? this realy sux not being able to connect to my own wifi router! and since when did they stop using prism chipsets for the mbps?

thanks for the quick reply btw.

Check out this discussion at the Apple boards. This has a lot of people experiencing various errors trying to connect. Some claim the error is a firmware issue, others say they've been told it's a software issue. Some claim to get it working again by reinstalling OS X and not updating the Airport or OS X to the latest incarnations. Read through it and maybe you can get a few things to try.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but switching from "manual" to "DHCP" (I have DSL) and entering the DNS numbers from my provider worked for me.

Specs:
    i;ve updated my smc router to the latest firmware and still nothing, the mac just wont connect to that router i wish there was some way to connect to that thing wirlessley even my psp connects normaly to the router. any ideas anyone?

Specs:
    never mind my last post. sorry for the double post, found out that i do have a back lit keyboard

Specs:
    iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa View Post
    I have had no problems using the linksys wireless N router.
    I have the same as above with Billion modem......ran my home network through it with PC's and when I got MBP it just connected and went perfectly out of the box.

After reading about a number of people having problems (mostly right after the last OS X or Airport updates), I made sure I didn't update those when I set up my new MBP today. Don't have any problems so far, so I'm sure I won't update until I can be confident I won't run into problems. I travel regularly, so I have to be able to connect wirelessly.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 13" 2012 2.9 GHz i7, 750 GB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Bimmer View Post
    Hi All ,
    I just received my macbook today (2Ghz/1G). I used to have a mac back in the days of the Performa series, but have since been in PC land. I am have a great deal of PC and networking experience, and even had the Apple support try to help me and they said if I was not using a Apple wireless router (airport) they could not help. It appears that all my settings are correct, but I just get the very unuseful error "There was an error joining the network "JMN"" This is after I enter my 128 Bit Hex WEP key. To add insult to injury even if I disable the security on my router I still get the same error. JMN is my wireless network, and my IBM Thinkpad and other systems connect just fine.

My router is an SMC (SMC2804WBRP-G)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
    Jess
    Congrads on your purchase Jess. This may seem like a silly suggestion, but it's a simple mistake I made when I was trying to connect via airport the first time on my Mini...

Make sure you're selecting "WEP 40 128-bit Hex" or "WEP 40 128-bit ASCII" (whatever's appropriate) when you enter the WEP key...as opposed to the drop-down menu just being selected to "WEP Password".

-Nick

Specs:
    does anyone know if there will be a firmware update to fix this issue? its really frustrating not being able to connect to my wifi. i love my mbp and all, but this is a huge downside

Specs:
    i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
    I changed my SMC2804WBR EU router for a NETGEAR WGR614 because I was having all sorts of problems with my wired and wireless connections with both mac and windos computers. Now everything is running fine.

Specs:
    i don't get it, why is this happening? why wont it work? i think im just gonna go ahead and get me a new wifi router any recommendations?

Thread Information