Specs:
    1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
    Creating an MP3 Disk
    Pardon me if this has been asked before (I did a search, but couldn't come up with a direct answer to my question), but how can I create a MP3 disk.

I've recently switched from PC to an iMac (17" Core 2 Duo) and am really enjoying the Mac experience. One thing that I can't quite figure out is how to burn an MP3 disk. I've got a bunch of Christmas Tunes, that I want to throw on one disk, and play through my PS2, or DVD player as opposed to having to make a bunch of CD's. I've tried through iTunes, but I can only seem to burn an actual CD as opposed to a data disk.

Is there something that I'm missing?

Thanks very much in advance for any help!

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    Try right clicking on the desktop and then choose the "New Burn Folder". Drag the files you want to that folder then hit the "Burn" button on the top right. That should do it for you...
    Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - Quad Core - 16 Gigs Ram - 10.11.2 - 30" Apple Monitor
    iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro

Specs:
    Thanks very much ! Just so I understand you correctly. If I create a new burn folder, it will make what is essentially a data disk as opposed to an audio CD? I feel like such a newbie at the moment. But I have enjoyed every moment of my Mac experience!

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    1) Open iTunes and goto the Preferences...
    2) Open Advanced > Burning & select MP3 CD
    3) Click OK
    4) Create a play list (click "+" sign at bottom left of the iTunes main window)
    5) Drag the music to the playlist from your Music library (This will only create a slm link)
    6) Insert an empty CD
    6) Click on Burm MP3 CD at the bottom right of the iTunes window (keep in mind about the Max. size limitation)

Specs:
    Thanks novicew, that seems like it will be very easy. I'll give that a whirl when I get home tonight! Thanks so much for your help !

either way mentioned above should work.

the burn folder would seem to give you little control unless you number your own songs (add a number in the beginning of the file name to manually sort) and/or use folders (most systems that caan play mp3s will play through folders in alpha-numeric order (all the songs in one, then all the songs in the next, etc).

i've used the burn folder method (with a combo of numered files and folders) and it works just fine on my car mp3-cd player.

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    I felt the need for further clarification:

An MP3 disk is essentially a Data Disk with only MP3s. And Audio CD is a disc which can be played in CD Players and has a running time of 74 minutes (+- depends on disc size).

Many CD-Players these days play mp3 discs too, though.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Thread Information