New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Sitting here looking at my new 20" iMac...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

omegastu

omegastu is on a distinguished road

I have set up a lot on here so far but have a few early questions.

1. Is there not a way to import your playlists into iTunes? I have all my files there from an external HD but not playlists.

2. Also in iTunes, i have to turn that dang mini-store off every time I start it up. How do I keep that off?

3. How do I turn on the number lock?

4. Where can I find a good list of keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks in advance. I have already found a l ot of info on this site.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

1. Not easily, not of which I'm aware. It'd be easier to just recreate your playlists, or make smart playlists with the names of bands.

2. Click "View > Hide MiniStore"

3. You don't have to, considering you have a separate number section.

4. Here's a decent list of keyboard shortcuts.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
omegastu

I have spent a long time looking through ilounge.com this morning trying to figure out how to import the playlists. Looks like it can be done but that may be a little more advanced than I can do.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

whats a number lock?
QUOTE Thanks
omegastu

Quote:
Originally Posted by christm View Post
whats a number lock?
So that I can use the keypad on the right side of the keyboard. For now, the number keys dont' work.
QUOTE Thanks
maz94protege

maz94protege will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo

Macs dont have a NUM lock key, they just are always on. MACS have a CAPS Lock thats it. If it doesnt work, then try to reconnect the keyboard. are you using an APPLE keyboard? Wired or Wireless?

In ITUNES, goto File , Import Files, Or ADD FILES TO LIBRARY, and click all the files or complete folder from the external HDD and it will import them to your Itunes folder so you can make new playlists up...Very simple and easy!

CONGRATS ON THE iMAC Dude!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
omegastu

Quote:
Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
Macs dont have a NUM lock key, they just are always on. MACS have a CAPS Lock thats it. If it doesnt work, then try to reconnect the keyboard. are you using an APPLE keyboard? Wired or Wireless?

In ITUNES, goto File , Import Files, Or ADD FILES TO LIBRARY, and click all the files or complete folder from the external HDD and it will import them to your Itunes folder so you can make new playlists up...Very simple and easy!

CONGRATS ON THE iMAC Dude!!!!

I have the wired Apple keyboard that came in the box. I tried using the keypad (on the right) and it just won't work for some reason.

I imported the iTunes files like you said and the playlists didn't follow but all my music is there.

I am pumped about this iMac. I set it up next to my old Dell PC and there is really no comparisons in looks.

I have run into another issue though. ITunes keeps quitting. When I start it up, it is trying to configure gapless playback for about half of my library then it shuts down. It only stays open for about 10 seconds before this happens. Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help.
QUOTE Thanks
samoan_ridah

I used a program called "ipod rip" that allows you to recover music and playlists from your ipod.

I don't have a problem with the number pad not working but my "end" key doesn't work sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks
omegastu

i called apple support and apparently there is a setting under prefs>mouse that sets the keypad to control the cursor.

Also, I got my iTunes issue all sorted out. I scrolled on my iPod and rebuilt all my playlists. Thanks again for all the help and I am sure I will be back.
QUOTE Thanks
FuZion

FuZion is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac OS X 10.4.9... iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM

I may have found your mouse problem, I appear to have been having the same problem.

Head to Prefs/Universal Access/Mouse. I had Mouse keys turned on, meaning my keypad was controlling the mouse. Turning this off has give me back my keypad.

Hope this helps.

FuZion.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with system preferences...... | PC to mac compatibility? »