New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Safari Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

menno

menno is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac mini 1.66Ghz 1GB RAM 60GB HD intel dual core

New switcher, having a great time with mac-met a lady while I was doing a service call at her house and she's switched to mac too.

ANYHOW, two questions about safari:

1. Where's the home button?

2. Even though I have the option set to open links into new tab on current window, it just opens a new window instead. I'm accustomed to firefox and ya click on a link and a new tab opens up...what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Click on View then Customize Address Bar. You can drag Home and many other icons into the bar.

On the url in a new TAB, I right click on the URL and click open in new TAB.
QUOTE Thanks
menno

menno is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac mini 1.66Ghz 1GB RAM 60GB HD intel dual core

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Click on View then Customize Address Bar. You can drag Home and many other icons into the bar.

On the url in a new TAB, I right click on the URL and click open in new TAB.
Home button...wonder why it's not a standard feature?

That was painless...thank you dtravis!
QUOTE Thanks
Jamo

Jamo is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro C2D : 15.4" : 2GB : 120GB : Glossy

Easier way to open a link in new tab is to Apple + Click. Simple. Though, I find it annoying that you can't just have it as a preference that any link you click opens a new tab.
QUOTE Thanks
DrQuincy

DrQuincy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Core Duo Macbook Pro

Safari is fantastic but I do find the default settings wierd. Like you say, tabbed browsing and home button is not enabled by default. Having to Apple-click to keep the same window is even stranger . . . ot's not strange enough to make me go back to Firefox though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bad switch: The year and a half emac | How do I make my own CD? »