adam taylor
    Question where is the tilde key?! and an energy saver Q
    hello all, two questions. i'd like to use the shortcut to cycle through windows in explorer, apparently its the Apple key and Tilde, but where is Tilde on an ibook?

2nd Question, is it possible to set things so the processor speed is reduced when on battery power and automatically switches to full speed when connected to teh mains?

OH! and one more, is there a shortcut to open a link in a new browser window? (Shift-click on a PC)

ta!

Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by adam taylor
    hello all, two questions. i'd like to use the shortcut to cycle through windows in explorer, apparently its the Apple key and Tilde, but where is Tilde on an ibook?

2nd Question, is it possible to set things so the processor speed is reduced when on battery power and automatically switches to full speed when connected to teh mains?

OH! and one more, is there a shortcut to open a link in a new browser window? (Shift-click on a PC)

ta!
    The tilde should be directly to the left of the "1" key (and I know you mentioned Explorer, but I would personally suggest using Safari instead).

To change your power management settings, click on System Preferences (should be in your dock), then choose Energy Saver. You can change settings for both plugged-in and battery power.

For your last question - with Explorer, holding the Apple key while clicking a link will open it in a new window (but again, I'd recommend using Safari ).
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

adam taylor
    hello and thanks for the great answer. Thanks for the Tilde, i can't believe i missed it ive been staring at this for ages

i'll try safari i think - explorer just crashed! i had to laugh

adam taylor
    hmm, safari needs 10.3 doesnt it, im on 10.1.5, i think that seems to be the end of my upgrade path? unless anyone knows better (without buying that is)

StarManta
    The new versions of Safari require 10.3. Not sure if the older versions are available somewhere.

The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
    Specs:
    24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
    Quote Originally Posted by StarManta
    The new versions of Safari require 10.3. Not sure if the older versions are available somewhere.
    I have the latest Safari (as far as I can tell 1.01 (v85.6)) and I'm running on 10.2.8.

Amen-Moses

Fomer
    Amen-Moses

1.2 is out but you have to have Panther.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    The latest for Jaguar is 1.01
    and Panther is 1.2

adam taylor
    thanks all looks like an OS upgrade is in order then, safari looks rather handy

Thread Information