New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

My experiences with a MacBook and "switching"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

foxblu

now you called your macbook a "laptop" it is not a laptop, it is a notebook, it is not intended to be sitting on your lap. it says that all over apples website if you were to have researched your purchase thoroughly.

i too have found windows and pro-microsoft websites to be very misleading as well. no matter how many times i have fixed my Dell it never worked for longer than 20 hours, it BSOD'd every 20 minutes if i were lucky to get that far. so i decided i'd try something new and i have loved the switch since i have done it and have bought another mac since. i also did not run around to other windows forums saying that their machines are worthless

beyond this i wonder wether or not your professors in college ever told you what a paragraph was and that it is okay to create new ones on occasion.

if you are still within your 14 days from purchase feel free to return it back to apple and get your dell, if not head on over to ebay and get rid of it there.

Ok, if you take issue with my paragraphs or lack there of, you know I'm gonna have to bust on you for your reading comp. (If you are still within your 14 days...) I stated in the orig. post that I already returned it. As far as the running to Win forums to say they are worthless comment. My intention wasn't to say that MacBooks are worthless though my frustrations with one probably lead to my wording being too strong.

Ok para. break just for you. Makes it so much more readable I do admit. The comment about laptop vs notebook... Come on. I thought it was supposed to be portable. Am I to keep a fold up desk in my computer case too?
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyleost

jimmyleost is on a distinguished road

Hi, I recently switched from a PC to a MAC and after a few days of getting used to the OS, I found it very enjoyable and easy. Im sorry you didnt have the same experience.
I do appreciate though that you are not one of those people who bash others without being able to back yourself up. Your responses were very legitimate and very respectful of the users on the forum. I do agree with you on several things, but no two people are the same, some prefer one thing as opposed to the next.

On a side note, to you and everyone else, thanks for keeping it somewhat civil!
QUOTE Thanks
shipsupt

shipsupt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz, 24", 64G 3G iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxblu View Post
if you are still within your 14 days from purchase feel free to return it back to apple and get your dell, if not head on over to ebay and get rid of it there.
Ditto... Go get what you like! You're supposed to enjoy whatever machine you are running. If this one is not doing it for you, why stick with it?
QUOTE Thanks
slashjunior

slashjunior is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxblu View Post
There's a reason why mac users make up less than 10% of the computer using pop. Switch? Not me. Dell Inspiron with Vista for me folks!!
That is a highly arrogant comment. Mircosoft pretty much monopolised the OS market in the 90s. 94.16% use Windows because that is what everyone is used to. Luckily Mac OS X is still around offering at least a bit of competition and slowly but surely claiming back some market share.

Also, third party developers only made stuff exclusively for Windows because the majority of people used Windows. I will still have to rely on Microsoft Office because that has pretty much became a universal standard. Lots of people I know detest Windows and also Dells, poor reliability, poor customer service, dull and lacking innovation...but they stay with Windows because they see the Mac as too expensive or Linux as being too complicated and everyone else has Office.

Although, now Macs are becoming more open and prices are coming down probably as a result of the success of the iPod. The Apple brand has becoming more well known and more and more people are trying Macs.

I like Windows in some ways and I like Macs in some ways. Both are good in differerent ways. Neither Windows or Macs are perfect and occassionally people get duds which give them a bad experience. I have only just got a Mac because it is more open now. There are things such as Microsoft Office that I could not live without at university.

Just a sidenote. Forums aren't about grammatical excellence, they are about expressing your opinion. Yes it can be annoying sometimes but nothing to counter an arguement with.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashjunior View Post
Just a sidenote. Forums aren't about grammatical excellence, they are about expressing your opinion. Yes it can be annoying sometimes but nothing to counter an arguement with.
i don't think this was about "grammatical excellence" or not, just about huge blocks of text being hard to read/keep your place.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PC's easier to change browser font size?? | Mac address filtering. »