New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Problems with email attachments

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MARKT

I'm new to Mac, and have some questions, I feel it will be quite a bit of questins, when I send out emails with attachments some people tell me that they are not getting this attachments.
QUOTE Thanks
theonegod

theonegod has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro

What kind of attachment? Some people's email providers will filter attachments by type. So a .exe or .bat or .dll or such would not make it through to them.
QUOTE Thanks
MARKT

Problem that I'm having is when I send picture files and also word file to PC users
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

In your Mac Mail program, go to Edit -> Attachments and make sure "Always Send Windows Friendly Attachments" is checked.

Good luck!
QUOTE Thanks
MARKT

Yep It is marked windows friendly
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribiner23 View Post
In your Mac Mail program, go to Edit -> Attachments and make sure "Always Send Windows Friendly Attachments" is checked.

Good luck!
Windows friendly... ha ha ha.

Well that's a simple answer. On the off chance he has to upload attachments to an internet server client, just always remember to put the 3 letter extension on your files. .doc on a word document, .txt on a text document and .jpg on a JPEG. if you use appleworks, export using RTF and make sure you put the extension on the end.
QUOTE Thanks
MARKT

Thanks, where in Brooklyn are you , I ahve my family there
QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribiner23 View Post

Good luck!
my wife is having the same problems and i could not figure out why, but i will not check those setting on her mini, thanks!

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .Mac? | Microsoft Messenger »