New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

.Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

steven11

steven11 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD

I got the trial and I don't fully get it. I dig the idea of having a iDisk sync on the apple network but am curious on if there is any more appealing incintives. On the tour they talk about uploading pics and making iCards but i've had no luck syncing photos and cannot "create cards". Is this just a limit to the trial like the 50mb space thing? Or is it just buggy?
Either way I love my new mac and am having fun sorting out the new OS!
QUOTE Thanks
relapse

relapse is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb

You get a bunch of email addresses, and it makes it easy for you to upload photos and videos online to share with family and friends. It's easy to make websites and back up data as well.

It's a great service, but unfortunately it's a bit pricey.

QUOTE Thanks
Marl Huss

Marl Huss will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

I like the email address and the other features are pretty cool, but the thing I would buy it for (once my trial runs out) is the email address. Its simple, easy to remember and looks awesome .
QUOTE Thanks
shipsupt

shipsupt will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz, 24", 64G 3G iPad

There is no doubt you can get all the same services for free, but for me it is easy to use, iLife is so linked up with it! And it keeps everything central, which I also like. I hate having accounts for different things all over the place... call me lazy.

I am living away from home, so I am enjoying putting up web pages with updates that friends and family can check out. It's pricey, but I think it works for a certain market... that would be me! ha.... I even signed up before my trial ran out!
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I just got off my trial period and decided to take advantage of it. I was hesitant at first because of the price being so high, but I am now glad I did. The backup procedure is a snap and that gives peace of mind plus I love the prestige of the address.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I'd also suggest using the search button at the top of the forum. You'll find lots of information on this topic.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Odd Opera Browser Behavior | Problems with email attachments »