thebigwilley
    Pictures found on desktop
    So my friend has a new iMac, I don't know what model, but its like two months old. anyway, the other day four pictures just appeared on the desktop that weren't there the night before. one of the pictures isn't in iphoto or anywhere else in the mac except on the desktop. its from a cellphone and he doesn't even know how it was sent to the computer.

my questions, is there anyway you could set something on the imac to make files, or in this case pics, appear on the desktop after a certain time or date, like with an alarm or something. i couldn't think of anyway to do it on a mac, but I don't use them that much. he's kinda freaked out about it and how it could have happened.

thanks, tbw:black:

if his phone is bluetooth enabled, maybe that would have something to do with it?

thebigwilley
    Hmmm, interesting, iMac's have BT compatibility built in? That could explain it, especially if it were accidentally sent or something. I don't know about the other three, they were in folders that were buried and no one dragged them on as far as he knows. He's thinking its some kind of prank or something...

Specs:
    ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
    Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigwilley View Post
    So my friend has a new iMac, I don't know what model, but its like two months old. anyway, the other day four pictures just appeared on the desktop that weren't there the night before. one of the pictures isn't in iphoto or anywhere else in the mac except on the desktop. its from a cellphone and he doesn't even know how it was sent to the computer.

my questions, is there anyway you could set something on the imac to make files, or in this case pics, appear on the desktop after a certain time or date, like with an alarm or something. i couldn't think of anyway to do it on a mac, but I don't use them that much. he's kinda freaked out about it and how it could have happened.

thanks, tbw:black:
    it may be the phone syncing with the imac. i think it can be set up to do it automaticaly so that could be what happened.

Specs:
    20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
    It's possible he has sent up applications such as Bluetooth to accept files automatically or on a Messenger Service such as Yahoo, MSN and someone could of sent it him and saved straight to the default location.

I've found and image of me and a video of when I was drunk about 2 years ago...my iMac is barely 1 month old. Strange.... Although I blamed my Sister thinking she's funny, as it was from her ex-boyfriends phone.
    Damien Healy
    iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |

Thread Information