Sick and tired, tired of sick of double-click
    After about fifteen years of using computers, I woke up this morning and decided that I am tired of double clicking. How do I set all single clicks to be double clicks and thus never have to double click again? I'm on Mac OS 10.4.8.

MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    What an odd thing to spontaneously decide.

Here's a question for you: what happens if you don't want to double-click, but actually you only want to single click? It'd be really annoying to keep having files open because I tried to select them and it auto-double-clicked.

Birmingham (S), UK
    20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
    Had a quick look and I personally don't have a clue, but I know what you mean, I use to have it that way on my Windows PC.

It makes thinks easier..but I personally got use to it on this but it would be nice to have the option to change
    Damien Healy
    iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | |

I've gotten used to the same thing on Linux, and when I get my Mac, it's the first thing I plan to try and change. I really like being able to just do a single click on files & folders to open them, instead of that horrid double. (I always laugh at the people that double-click on links on the web)

If there is a way of setting it to be single, you should be able to use control (or command, I can't offhand remember which, again, don't have one yet) to select the file instead of opening it, as though you were selecting multiple files.
    PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 2 GM RAM, Total 750 GB HDD, Windows Vista Business (For gaming), Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (64-bit), Slackware 12 (For GTK# coding)
    Mac: 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Mini

Walsall, England
    Get a multibutton usb mouse (or a mouse where the scroll wheel is a button) and get an app called usboverdrive. This will let you assign a double click to your extra button.

G4 Tiger and OS 9
    My Logitech can left double-click with only one click by changing its setup in the preferences.

Bournville, UK
    I've got a wireless Logitech mouse (currently available from the Apple store in the refurbished section). I've programmed the scroll wheel button as double-click, the back button for save, the scroll down button as undo and the scroll up button as redo. Wouldn't be without it.

St. Gallen, Switzerland
    iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4
    Considering that the original poster hasn't replied to this yet, I feel this was just an impulsive thread.
    Maybe he just came to realise the brilliance of his idea.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.

Thread Information