New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Just got a MBP 2.33 15.4"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Atonox146

Just bought myself this nice computer. First day using it, MacOS X seems pretty straight forward except. Still trying to get comfortable with it. But really happy. I'm waiting for my version of windows XP to arrive... hehe
QUOTE Thanks
Bonzaisushi

Bonzaisushi is on a distinguished road

Congrats! i envy you!

i bet that baby blazes! both in your lap and in apps. haha, good luck with learning osx. it wont be long before you delete that windows partition and stick to osx. i did the same thing.

:yinyang:
Mac Book Pro 17" 2 Gig Ram, 120 gig

Canon 1dMarkII // Canon 20D// Some Lenses
Bonzai Photography!Click me!
QUOTE Thanks
Andrew F

Andrew F is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Future C2D MBP owner, hopefully

Awesome! I am waiting on my C2D MBP 2.33 160gb 2gb ram. I should get it Thursday. I don't know it it will be blazing hot in your lap. Apple made changes to the vents and cooling set up, and first hand acounts say they are running much cooler than before. But only time will tell.

Only in a Jeep.
Just waiting on the C2D MBP.
QUOTE Thanks
Atonox146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew F View Post
Awesome! I am waiting on my C2D MBP 2.33 160gb 2gb ram. I should get it Thursday. I don't know it it will be blazing hot in your lap. Apple made changes to the vents and cooling set up, and first hand acounts say they are running much cooler than before. But only time will tell.
Well, I was just on my computer all day basically, and it was pretty cool(temperature). It was actually a lot cooler than my xp laptop which is a toshiba satellite. I don't know from first hand experience since i didn't own the last one.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Congratulations! I am sure you will love it! :black:
QUOTE Thanks
kaidomac

kaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nicekaidomac is just really nice
Mac Specs: G4 Cube

Good luck, that will be a speed demon. The Core 2 Duo chips are insane! Love my T7400!

Mac Sites - down for reconstruction
QUOTE Thanks
Who Cares444

I just got mine too and I'm in love. I thought one of my first tasks was going to be to install XP, but I've yet to feel the need. Of course, I'll eventually want to play a video game and pretty much have to install XP.

One thing I noticed though, I tried watching a 1080p trailer from iTunes and I noticed a slight lag. The trailer was so much more smooth that on any other computer I've used, but it still had the slightest lag. I have a C2D 2.16 with 2 gig of ram.
QUOTE Thanks
theonegod

theonegod has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro

So far the only reason I have had to boot up my Parallels virtual partition of XP has been to use www.logmein.com for a client. Unfortunatly logmein doesn't support Macs. But thats a week now without turning on my PC and as a Network Admin this is a big deal for me.
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Cares444 View Post
I just got mine too and I'm in love. I thought one of my first tasks was going to be to install XP, but I've yet to feel the need. Of course, I'll eventually want to play a video and pretty much have to install XP.

One thing I noticed though, I tried watching a 1080p trailer from iTunes and I noticed a slight lag. The trailer was so much more smooth that on any other computer I've used, but it still had the slightest lag. I have a C2D 2.16 with 2 gig of ram.
The lag could be related to internet bottlenecks, you should try to download one then try it. Why would you have to install XP to watch a video?
QUOTE Thanks
Who Cares444

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMac View Post
The lag could be related to internet bottlenecks, you should try to download one then try it. Why would you have to install XP to watch a video?
Because it's too hard to figure out how to use Quicktime on OS X.

lol, oops. That was a typo. I fixed it and now it says "video game."

Edit: I also just tried watching a different trailer and it was flawless. I guess it must have been something about the first one I tried. God, I LOVE my MBP!

(/grasps MBP) Don't ever leave me.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMac View Post
With that machine you should not see a lag at all. My Core Duo Intel Mini 1.66Ghz has no lag with any 1080p I have tried on Apples site. All my PC's lag and skip frames like crazy though in XP on the same videos. Just my iMac G5 2.1Ghz and the Core Duo Mini play them without any jerk or skipping.
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

when i said internet bottlenecks, I meant skipping related to streaming the content. I imagine not everyone has Quicktime Pro
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto - Seperate Accounts | show desktop? »