dmg files question, after installing a program
    This might have been already asked before, but I couldnt find a thread. So here I go, when I install a file say its msn messenger. It creates a MSN Messenger file on my desktop that I can not delete or else my msn would not work. This goes for every other program I install too. What can I do with these dmg files? I tried dragging them into my apps folder but after i delete the one wih the desktop the program fails to work. Thanks.

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    A DMG is a Disk Image like say an ISO on the PC. You click and it opens. Inside are the files. If there is an installer, run that, if not, just drag the application file from inside the image to the Applications folder. Then you can close the DMG and then drag the DMG to the trash. MOST OSX programs don't have an installer. All you do is open the DMG and drag the application to the Applications folder. Very easy and if you want to uninstall, just drag the application from the Applications folder to the trash. That easy. If this confuses you at all let me know and I will try and re-word it.

Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

thanks guys rep added

Thread Information