New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Just bought myself a 20" iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sneeks

sneeks is on a distinguished road

After many years of Windows PC ownership I've finally decided to switch to a Mac, more specifically a 20" iMac with wireless keyboard and mouse. It has not arrived yet but should be here during the coming week and I cannot wait I'm sure I'll be on here asking many newbie questions soon.

Sneeks
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

Welcome to the club I got my 20" iMac up and running two days ago ...Its a whole new world
QUOTE Thanks
05GT

05GT will become famous soon enough

Welcome... I haven't put my MBP down since I got it from the Apple Store.

-13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Congratulations!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chaslam

chaslam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB

Congrats! You wont regret it! I got my mac mini a year ago and have brought a macbook recently. I year on and still not looked back to windows. Im sure everyone here will agree, once you have had a taste of a mac, you wonder why you didnt switch sooner! XP seems so old fasion compared to it!

Admin of the 3G Forum

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/index.php?referrerid=2359
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Congrats sneeks!!!!! I switched a month ago to the 20" iMac... It is truly AMAZING!
QUOTE Thanks
chasincharpchui

ive read somewhere that the video card on the 24"iMac is not as good as the 20"iMac
is this true? coz if it is, im getting the 20" instead
QUOTE Thanks
dimagex20

dimagex20 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven

Got my Mac and haven't looked back since March.

It's all good.
QUOTE Thanks
Guardian

I have had mine for about three weeks amazing machine, like many others I wish I would have seen the light along time ago. :spook:
QUOTE Thanks
Marl Huss

Marl Huss will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

Congratulations I can assure you that you will fall in love with it, everything makes sense and I have had no real problems with it.

Chasincharpchui - It seems unlikely that they would put a worse video card in a bigger space, however they might have done for some reason. What is your source because often internet rumors are unfounded, and according to the apple website the two chips in the 24 inch are better than the top one in the 20 inch. While I would advise that apples statistics are somewhat exaggerated because both games work better on nVidia anyway.

http://www.apple.com/uk/imac/graphics.html
QUOTE Thanks
sneeks

sneeks is on a distinguished road

It arrived today Only just got it all set up and working but currently having net connection issues with my Telewest Blueyonder cable broadband. The data connection keeps dropping every 5-10 minutes and I have to reset the modem. I've had this problem for 3 days prior to the arrival of the Mac so it is not to blame.

So far loving the Mac, will explore more on Friday night.
QUOTE Thanks
Aikidoka

Aikidoka is on a distinguished road

Congrats. I just left 'the dark side' and joined the MAC family. Still getting used to OS X but so far I love it.
QUOTE Thanks
Jacobson17

Jacobson17 is an unknown at this point

My 17" iMac is going to arrive soon. I can't wait until I can put my hands on my first Mac. I'm so excited.
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Congrats! & Welcome the to M-F
QUOTE Thanks
digital john

digital john has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook

My iMac is the best computer I have ever owned. 1.5 years and still going strong.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New MBP vs Old MBP | Custom Mouse-button configuring? »