New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Just bought myself a 20" iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I have had my iMac up and running for a week now I feel like I'm in a whole new world.

Congrats with yours
QUOTE Thanks
OneWorld22

OneWorld22 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram

I'm going on 3+ months with my iMac and still loving it. No issues whatsoever (touch wood)! Awesome computer, have Mac Office so no need for Windoze anymore. Having saidf that I installed Vista with no problems at all. Mainly to play MS Flight Sim which runs really well by the way...
QUOTE Thanks
sneeks

sneeks is on a distinguished road

24 hours have passed and after a full evening of using my new Mac I can safely say I love it. The speed and performance is great. I installed Parallels with Win XP Pro tonight and could not believe how fast everything continued to run. Been able to swith between XP and OSX in an instant without a drop in performance was a welcome surprise to me. XP will only be used for Usenet access as I have not found any Mac software that I like yet to replace Newsleecher.

My old PC was 3 years old so this really is a huge leap forward and it looks great.

A happy new switcher

Sneeks

p.s. I'm contemplating buying a flight sim game. I'll either go the Microsoft route or maybe consider the Mac flight sim which I heard is meant to be good (the name escapes me right now).
QUOTE Thanks
Chundermuffin

Chundermuffin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasincharpchui
ive read somewhere that the video card on the 24"iMac is not as good as the 20"iMac
is this true? coz if it is, im getting the 20" instead
The stock video card that comes with the 24" is nVidia's 7300GT, which is about on par, maybe a shade slower, than the ATi X1600 on other models.

However, the build-to-order option on the 24", the 7600GT, while not being a beast of a card, would still be better than either the 7300GT or X1600.
QUOTE Thanks
sneeks

sneeks is on a distinguished road

I'm loving the Mac more and more, so glad I decided to take the leap and wave goodbye to my XP pc.

The movie trailer access using Front Row is brilliant and I only discovered this existed by accident, I was browsing everywhere possible on my new toy
QUOTE Thanks
Hugh Jardon

Hugh Jardon is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWorld22
I installed Vista with no problems at all. Mainly to play MS Flight Sim which runs really well by the way...
Did you install Vista so you can boot to it?
QUOTE Thanks
Snowbunny

Snowbunny is on a distinguished road

Hey I'm new too. I just bought one on Sunday and couldn't believe I just had to plug it in, connect to router and switch on. Amazing. I will never go back now. Also I have my old PC next to me on the desk, also connected to my router and the Mac just sees the shared files without having to network blah, blah. Love it, love it. Just need my driving license for it. Can't get used to installing by just dragging. I feel sure I'm doing something wrong
QUOTE Thanks
Tri_X_Troll

Tri_X_Troll is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac, 20-inch, 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD, Leopard, 20" Dell Widescreen.

I too made the switch to the 20" Imac about a month ago....I bought the 2.0ghz model refurbished..........and then I see the 2.4ghz model in the refurbished page today....darn. I should have waited a month longer.
QUOTE Thanks
cheetahastra

cheetahastra will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video

Welcome to M-F!! You will be very happy wiith your iMac

2007 iMac 20" 2.0Ghz w/ Wireless Mighty Mouse
2010 iPhone 3GS 32GB - White
2008 iPod Video / 5th Generation 30GB - Black
2006 HP Pavilion DV4206TU Notebook
QUOTE Thanks
verdejt

verdejt will become famous soon enough

I've had my iMac since the 8th of Feb and absolutely love it. I was a 25 year PC user, I don't regret switching one bit.

iMac 20"
iPod 5th Gen
iPod Touch 4g
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New MBP vs Old MBP | Custom Mouse-button configuring? »