Specs:
    macbook, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 512 MB. first gen ipod nano, 4 gig black
    newbie problems with adium
    ok, so I am new to macs (got my brand new macbook in july- just found this place) and I am having problems with adium every now and then. as a windows user I was addicted to Trillian, so now I use adium, and I just don't like it! sometimes, it'll randomly start crashing everytime I try to type the letter "m" or something stupid like that. I have to not use it for a week, then delete the program, wait another week and re-download it, and sometimes it'll start working normally again. is there any reason for this? are there any other programs out there similar to trillian, but not a stupid duck?
    -muir

bbland
    you can always use fire... try using appzapper to delete anything might have written on your hd and then install it again or as i mention before there's always fire

just got my mac like a month ago still a noob, but find my way around.

Specs:
    27" 5k imac i7, 295x
    crashed for me,, but only every once in a wile, any body?.
    "I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"

freakout
    I gave up on it. I downloaded it, signed in, and it instantly crashes.

I've tried deleting, re downloading, everything. It crashes within 10 seconds of logging in, every single time.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
    i haven't got a problem with it so far. it's a shame i can't use cam or microphone though ( or can you?!??)

I read somewhere you can integrate msn to your ichat. I'm going to look into it more and try it out
    Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.

Specs:
    20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpliCer261
    I read somewhere you can integrate msn to your ichat. I'm going to look into it more and try it out
    Yep you can...via Jabber

You need to setup a Jabber Account that will act a an MSN Client for you then just sign into your Jabber Account and you can communicate with all your MSN Messenger Friends.

There is plenty of Jabber Clients to choose from, unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for you as I didn't use it much.
    Damien Healy
    iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |

Specs:
    macbook, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 512 MB. first gen ipod nano, 4 gig black
    Quote Originally Posted by bbland
    you can always use fire... try using appzapper to delete anything might have written on your hd and then install it again or as i mention before there's always fire

just got my mac like a month ago still a noob, but find my way around.

ok, so what's this appzapper, and where do I find it, and what is fire, and where do I find that?

thanks for the help. my sister got the exact same computer as me only a couple of weeks before hand and she has had no problems at all with adium. now I know I am not the only one.

datorres
    Quote Originally Posted by muirgheal
    ok, so what's this appzapper, and where do I find it, and what is fire, and where do I find that?

thanks for the help. my sister got the exact same computer as me only a couple of weeks before hand and she has had no problems at all with adium. now I know I am not the only one.
    New mac user my self. Appzapper can be used to remove any app you installed very easy to use just drag the icon to appzapper and it will remove everything from the app. Never used fire but im pretty sure you can find both on http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/

Thread Information