New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

newbie problems with adium

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

muirgheal

muirgheal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 512 MB. first gen ipod nano, 4 gig black

ok, so I am new to macs (got my brand new macbook in july- just found this place) and I am having problems with adium every now and then. as a windows user I was addicted to Trillian, so now I use adium, and I just don't like it! sometimes, it'll randomly start crashing everytime I try to type the letter "m" or something stupid like that. I have to not use it for a week, then delete the program, wait another week and re-download it, and sometimes it'll start working normally again. is there any reason for this? are there any other programs out there similar to trillian, but not a stupid duck?
-muir
QUOTE Thanks
bbland

you can always use fire... try using appzapper to delete anything might have written on your hd and then install it again or as i mention before there's always fire

just got my mac like a month ago still a noob, but find my way around.
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 27" 5k imac i7, 295x

crashed for me,, but only every once in a wile, any body?.

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
freakout

I gave up on it. I downloaded it, signed in, and it instantly crashes.

I've tried deleting, re downloading, everything. It crashes within 10 seconds of logging in, every single time.
QUOTE Thanks
SpliCer261

SpliCer261 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone

i haven't got a problem with it so far. it's a shame i can't use cam or microphone though ( or can you?!??)

I read somewhere you can integrate msn to your ichat. I'm going to look into it more and try it out

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing - Solid Snake.
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpliCer261
I read somewhere you can integrate msn to your ichat. I'm going to look into it more and try it out
Yep you can...via Jabber

You need to setup a Jabber Account that will act a an MSN Client for you then just sign into your Jabber Account and you can communicate with all your MSN Messenger Friends.

There is plenty of Jabber Clients to choose from, unfortunately I don't have any recommendations for you as I didn't use it much.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
muirgheal

muirgheal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 512 MB. first gen ipod nano, 4 gig black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbland
you can always use fire... try using appzapper to delete anything might have written on your hd and then install it again or as i mention before there's always fire

just got my mac like a month ago still a noob, but find my way around.

ok, so what's this appzapper, and where do I find it, and what is fire, and where do I find that?

thanks for the help. my sister got the exact same computer as me only a couple of weeks before hand and she has had no problems at all with adium. now I know I am not the only one.
QUOTE Thanks
datorres

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirgheal
ok, so what's this appzapper, and where do I find it, and what is fire, and where do I find that?

thanks for the help. my sister got the exact same computer as me only a couple of weeks before hand and she has had no problems at all with adium. now I know I am not the only one.
New mac user my self. Appzapper can be used to remove any app you installed very easy to use just drag the icon to appzapper and it will remove everything from the app. Never used fire but im pretty sure you can find both on http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Home folder | MacBook vs MacBook Pro! help! »