Best way to buy a MacBook Pro
    Ok, I'm going to do the deal. I'll wait until the Core 2 Duo MacBooks are released, but I'm going to make the switch. I think MS is about to shoot itself in the foot with Vista and MacOSX is the way to move on. The fact that I can dual boot with XP will just make the transition easier.

So what is the best way to buy a MacBook Pro? I know I can go to one of the Apple Stores in DFW, but I intend to finance this thing. The store credit for Apple is kinda ridiculous, so I'm thinking about buying from CompUSA or some other retail outlet. Whatever gets me the best deal and best finance terms.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
    I'll wait until the Core 2 Duo MacBooks are released... Any thoughts or ideas on this?
    Have fun waiting :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
    I got my macbook at CompUSA. The had a deal no intrest for 2 yrs on items over 250.00. Apple will most likely only give you a 750.00 credit line. I know 4 or 5 people who got credit thru apple including myself and only got 750. I would go to CompUSA They gave me a 5000.00 dollar credit limit. So you'll be able to get some extra stuff too.

Specs:
    13" MacBook
    I bought mine directly from apple, and when I was in there a guy bought his from someone else and it was screwed up right out of the box an since he didnt buy it from them they had to send it back, if he would have bought it from them they would have just swaped it out on the spot since it was within the first 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    A valid point. However with the Core2Duo right around the corner it isn't that big of a wait. I won't have time to buy it right away anyways because I'll be on the road for the next three weeks conducting data center migrations. I also have VMworld to attend next month.

So until then I slog along with my company provided thinkpad and my personal dell (which actually ain't bad, but is not nearly on par with a MacBook) </obvious>

I purchased mine at the Apple Store at Fashion Valley. You have got to love the military discount.
    -13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini

Specs:
    Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2
    Quote Originally Posted by 05GT
    I purchased mine at the Apple Store at Fashion Valley. You have got to love the military discount.
    Millitary discount? Really I have some millitary connects. is it the same as he student discount?

Quote Originally Posted by 05GT
    Is that active duty only or can vets get it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
    Is that active duty only or can vets get it too?
    Just show em' your military ID... I'm not sure about vets...

I got about $175 off the MBP and another $100 or so off the rest of my purchase.
    -13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini

Thread Information