New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Best way to buy a MacBook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis is a jewel in the roughSgt Beavis is a jewel in the rough

Ok, I'm going to do the deal. I'll wait until the Core 2 Duo MacBooks are released, but I'm going to make the switch. I think MS is about to shoot itself in the foot with Vista and MacOSX is the way to move on. The fact that I can dual boot with XP will just make the transition easier.

So what is the best way to buy a MacBook Pro? I know I can go to one of the Apple Stores in DFW, but I intend to finance this thing. The store credit for Apple is kinda ridiculous, so I'm thinking about buying from CompUSA or some other retail outlet. Whatever gets me the best deal and best finance terms.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
I'll wait until the Core 2 Duo MacBooks are released... Any thoughts or ideas on this?
Have fun waiting :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

I got my macbook at CompUSA. The had a deal no intrest for 2 yrs on items over 250.00. Apple will most likely only give you a 750.00 credit line. I know 4 or 5 people who got credit thru apple including myself and only got 750. I would go to CompUSA They gave me a 5000.00 dollar credit limit. So you'll be able to get some extra stuff too.

QUOTE Thanks
mdavis71

mdavis71 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook

I bought mine directly from apple, and when I was in there a guy bought his from someone else and it was screwed up right out of the box an since he didnt buy it from them they had to send it back, if he would have bought it from them they would have just swaped it out on the spot since it was within the first 30 days.
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
A valid point. However with the Core2Duo right around the corner it isn't that big of a wait. I won't have time to buy it right away anyways because I'll be on the road for the next three weeks conducting data center migrations. I also have VMworld to attend next month.

So until then I slog along with my company provided thinkpad and my personal dell (which actually ain't bad, but is not nearly on par with a MacBook) </obvious>
QUOTE Thanks
05GT

05GT will become famous soon enough

I purchased mine at the Apple Store at Fashion Valley. You have got to love the military discount.

-13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini
QUOTE Thanks
IronMac

IronMac is a jewel in the roughIronMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini C2D 2Ghz 8GB RAM, MB C2D 2.2Ghz, MBP CD 2Ghz, 1TB TC, 2 APX, iPhone 4, ATV2, 23in ACD x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT
I purchased mine at the Apple Store at Fashion Valley. You have got to love the military discount.
Millitary discount? Really I have some millitary connects. is it the same as he student discount?
QUOTE Thanks
Sgt Beavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT
Is that active duty only or can vets get it too?
QUOTE Thanks
05GT

05GT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis
Is that active duty only or can vets get it too?
Just show em' your military ID... I'm not sure about vets...

I got about $175 off the MBP and another $100 or so off the rest of my purchase.

-13.3 Macbook Pro Retina / 64GB iP5 / 16GB iPad Mini
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Logging Off | Mac newbie needs some explaining :) »