New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Random Sound on my new MB Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Scorpy

Scorpy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 1Gb RAM, 100Gb HDD, Wacom Intuos 3

Hi

I got my very first Mac a couple of days ago, and i absolutely love it. However, I have noticed that very occasionally a 'bong' sound occurs. Its very similar to the sound windows makes when an error msg pops up.

I've tried spotting a pattern between this sound and something i'm doing but I can't. there is also no msg popping up.

I was wondering if anyone here expriences this?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Scorpy

Scorpy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 1Gb RAM, 100Gb HDD, Wacom Intuos 3

Isn't it amazing how as soon as you ask for help, you figure it out. Its as if someone wants you to look a fool hehe.

I was Entourage checking my mail
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Figures! Good old Microsoft and their sounds! :spook:
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help with firewall issue | default program »