Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    freakout
    Guest
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?
    Hi everyone, I just got a brand spankin' new 20 inch iMac and it's so amazing, I've been messing around with all the settings and programs and I have a lot to learn!

    Anyway, is there any way I can transfer my firefox favorites list from my PC onto my mac?

    Thanks!

    PS-I have the mouse sensitivity settings all the way they can go, but it's still slow. Is there any way I can make it the cursor go faster?

  2. #2
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?

    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2005
    Posts
    4,702
    Quote Originally Posted by freakout
    Hi everyone, I just got a brand spankin' new 20 inch iMac and it's so amazing, I've been messing around with all the settings and programs and I have a lot to learn!

    Anyway, is there any way I can transfer my firefox favorites list from my PC onto my mac?

    Thanks!

    PS-I have the mouse sensitivity settings all the way they can go, but it's still slow. Is there any way I can make it the cursor go faster?

    G'day freakout!

    To transfer your FireFox bookmarks from PC to Mac:

    On your Windows machine, export your bookmarks,
    To open Export, select File -> Export in Firefox's Bookmark Manager.
    A dialog window will appear asking you where you want to save the file to.. Ensure that the exported file has the extension '.html' (not '.htm'). Rename if necessary.
    Copy that file over to your Mac, and import the bookmarks using Safari's 'File' menu or Firefoxes.
    To view your imported bookmarks, select 'Show All Bookmarks' from the 'Bookmarks' menu.
    They should list your collection of bookmarks from your PC to your Mac as imported bookmarks.

    Hope this works for you!!!

    ~ :yinyang:

  3. #3
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?
    novicew's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2006
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,385
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    You can use a bookmark sync program for that. I use Foxmarks and it works great. Whenever I add/delete bookmark(s) in one PC/Mac the changes will show up in other Macs/PCs.

  4. #4
    freakout
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse-8
    G'day freakout!

    To transfer your FireFox bookmarks from PC to Mac:

    On your Windows machine, export your bookmarks,
    To open Export, select File -> Export in Firefox's Bookmark Manager.
    A dialog window will appear asking you where you want to save the file to.. Ensure that the exported file has the extension '.html' (not '.htm'). Rename if necessary.
    Copy that file over to your Mac, and import the bookmarks using Safari's 'File' menu or Firefoxes.
    To view your imported bookmarks, select 'Show All Bookmarks' from the 'Bookmarks' menu.
    They should list your collection of bookmarks from your PC to your Mac as imported bookmarks.

    Hope this works for you!!!

    ~ :yinyang:
    Thank you! Worked great.

    Anyway to fix the mouse?

  5. #5
    freakout
    Guest
    Is there any possible way to transfer my music files? I have about 4.5Gigs of music and I don't have an external hard drive, so I was thinking maybe I could like use MSN file transfer, but that took way too long and I gave up. My nano is only 2GB.

  6. #6
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?
    cazabam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 06, 2006
    Posts
    1,153
    Specs:
    MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
    If they're on the same network then you can just use a Windows share. Finder should pick it up automatically.

  7. #7
    freakout
    Guest
    What's that? Do I have to download anything?

    I have Windows Media Connect for my Xbox 360, is that the same thing?

  8. #8
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?

    Member Since
    May 02, 2008
    Location
    far north queensland
    Posts
    3
    Specs:
    macbook4.1: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 2GB memory.
    hi there.
    many thanks to the previous posters for the helpful info.

    i successfully did my own bookmarks transfer earlier this evening....but would like to note one small problem i had.

    i was transferring from firefox PC to firefox mac.
    when it was time to import the file, the firefox defaulted to "import from safari".
    there was no option to import from my disc, or anywhere else.

    so i opened safari and imported the file from the disc (no problem).
    then i opened firefox and imported the faves from safari.

    just a little extra step, but it might save someone having a nervous breakdown.

  9. #9
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?
    Noels's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 03, 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    945
    Specs:
    Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
    bandicoot,

    Read novicew's post about Foxmarks. Since you have Firefox, go to its Add-ons page and look for Foxmarks and install it. You'll always have synced "faves" as you call them. I use Foxmarks and it syncs my 2 PCs and my Macbook. Anytime I add or delete a bookmark, it asks me if I want to sync when I shut down. It keeps all your current bookmarks on a server and updates you every time you make a change. (and it's free)...

    Great program!

    Noel

  10. #10
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?
    Dysfunction's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2008
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    6,821
    Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by freakout View Post
    Anyway to fix the mouse?

    Download and install SteerMouse
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

  11. #11
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?
    getuptogetdown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 01, 2008
    Posts
    323
    Specs:
    15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
    also agree foxmarks is awesome
    Loving my MBP more and more everyday

  12. #12
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?

    Member Since
    May 02, 2008
    Location
    far north queensland
    Posts
    3
    Specs:
    macbook4.1: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 2GB memory.
    thanks for the tip, noels.
    will check it out.

  13. #13
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?

    Member Since
    Mar 31, 2008
    Posts
    93
    Specs:
    First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
    Here's a neat tip for your bookmark.html file that works with PC or Mac. Click on File->open file->bookmark.html (or whatever your exported file is called). Go into Preferences and set the homepage as the current page. Now, your homepage when you open your browser will be your bookmarks.

    I've been doing this for years and love it. I can't think of a single page on the internet more useful than my own bookmarks as a homepage.

  14. #14
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?

    Member Since
    Jul 31, 2008
    Posts
    2
    My Bookmarks.html file in .....firefox/data/profile/bookmarks.html does not contain any of MY bookmarks, could you please tell me where the correct file is located, on the PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by NanoBite View Post
    G'day freakout!

    To transfer your FireFox bookmarks from PC to Mac:

    On your Windows machine, export your bookmarks,
    To open Export, select File -> Export in Firefox's Bookmark Manager.
    A dialog window will appear asking you where you want to save the file to.. Ensure that the exported file has the extension '.html' (not '.htm'). Rename if necessary.
    Copy that file over to your Mac, and import the bookmarks using Safari's 'File' menu or Firefoxes.
    To view your imported bookmarks, select 'Show All Bookmarks' from the 'Bookmarks' menu.
    They should list your collection of bookmarks from your PC to your Mac as imported bookmarks.

    Hope this works for you!!!

    ~ :yinyang:

  15. #15
    Transfer firefox favorites from PC to Mac?

    Member Since
    Jul 31, 2008
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Noels View Post
    bandicoot,

    Read novicew's post about Foxmarks. Since you have Firefox, go to its Add-ons page and look for Foxmarks and install it. You'll always have synced "faves" as you call them. I use Foxmarks and it syncs my 2 PCs and my Macbook. Anytime I add or delete a bookmark, it asks me if I want to sync when I shut down. It keeps all your current bookmarks on a server and updates you every time you make a change. (and it's free)...

    Great program!

    Noel
    Please tell me how FireFox retrieves the info off my PC. What can they read from my PC/Mac and what remains private? I have something against unknown people getting hold of my personal details. Can you say anything about that, please? Cheers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mac App Store Favorites?
    By Netty4mac in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 01:59 PM
  2. Is their a way to copy Favorites from PC to Mac
    By Lucy Goose in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 01:52 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 06:28 PM
  4. Safari vs. Firefox-How to share favorites/bookmarks
    By markw10 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 09:32 AM
  5. Favorites from PC to Mac
    By ryanmt in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 08:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •