Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
    I'm worried!!!!!
    I've been using Vista on my MacBook, and I 'm worried I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would...

Quote Originally Posted by corysw
    I've been using Vista on my MacBook, and I 'm worried I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would...
    okay time for an "intervention"

just kidding what is it you like about it?

Specs:
    MacBook
    ...and you're worried, why? Becuase you might prefer a different OS than Mac? OMG!!... You have to HATE Microsoft and LOVE only Apple... stop before Microsoft brainwashes you any further!
    Seriously, if you like a new OS then big deal. Use it and like it and get over it. Its only a computer, nothing to get upset about.
    :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Well I think it's better than OS X on the MacBook beause it's much faster. Key and mouse response is better, the fans seem to regulate more efficiently, Vista discovers my Apple wireless keyboard and Bluetooth Mighty Mouse as soon as I open the lid, I can use Photoshop on my laptop again, and I can play solitaire.

Don't get me wrong though. Vista on the MacBook is nothing compared to OS X on my G5. But for the Intel laptop, it's another ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by cjay
    okay time for an "intervention"
    Sure is! Lets load up the car, drive to his house, sneak in and delete the Vista partition!

(hears Mission Impossible music in the background...)

:black:
    1) Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 GHz, iWork, Ilife 06, Logic Pro, Office 2K4
    2) A PC with a bunch of stuff in it.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
    are you using Parallels? i thought Bootcamp didn't support Vista yet.
    From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!

Specs:
    I'm using Boot Camp.

I downloaded the Boot Camp Assistant from Apple, and ran it exactly as I would if I was installing XP, but when it told me to insert the XP disk, I put in the Vista DVD instead. To be honest, I was astonished it actually installed without a hitch.

EDIT: I don't think any of this is "supported" yet.

darcyl
    One feature I hope that Apple adopts is the way Vista will display open applications...it does it in a 3-D angled stack view (that so doesn't explain it perfectly...google for some images, its very kewl)...I like that way better than just seeing the greyed out windows all around the screen and making the selection that way.

Vista's security is going to be the biggest hurdle though. The early beta's make you click through dialogs to do anything network related...PITA! Hopefully they fix it for the final release.

DL

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    i have heard that it is a nice os. what is wrong with liking it? i have become very good friends with opensuse over the past few weeks and in some ways like it more than os x but that isnt a problem to me
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Everything I need to do computer-wise is covered by Mac compatible software. If I had an Intel Mac I'd only run Vista/XP for gaming.

Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    I want to put vista on my macbook pro, but can't burn the image.. do i need toast (before now i never needed it). Or is there a way to burn iso's with out it?

I feel like a noob, although I have been on macs for so long, and burn dvds all the time, just never iso's. So help me out with my noobiness, any ways to burn iso's with out toast?
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

Quote Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
    I want to put vista on my macbook pro, but can't burn the image.. do i need toast (before now i never needed it). Or is there a way to burn iso's with out it?

I feel like a noob, although I have been on macs for so long, and burn dvds all the time, just never iso's. So help me out with my noobiness, any ways to burn iso's with out toast?
    I believe you can use Disk Utility to burn ISOs. Check out this link: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60619181010389
    New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by youthpastor
    I believe you can use Disk Utility to burn ISOs. Check out this link: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60619181010389
    Awesome Thanks for the link, it was a great help. So now I have to go home, downoad the image again and burn it Then I can put vista on my macbook pro! I am excited to see how it works out.
    My Website
    Blog

Specs:
    A few tips:

1. Before you do anything, back up any important files on the computer. This will also erase your XP installation.

2. Download the x86 version, not the x64 version.

3. When you run Boot Camp Assistant, make sure to make the Windows partition at least 30 GB.

4. Open XP, then insert the disk, and the Vista installer will start automatically. Don't try to boot from the Vista DVD.

5. The computer will restart several times during the installation. It's important you stay with the computer the entire time, because when it restarts, you'll have to press OPTION, and choose "Windows" to continue the installation.

6. Very Important: As soon as you can, right click on the Vista Desktop, and click Personalize. Set the screen resolution to the setting all the way on the right of the slider.

Specs:
    why 30GB?
    My Website
    Blog

Thread Information