New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

I'm worried!!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

corysw

corysw is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air

I've been using Vista on my MacBook, and I 'm worried I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would...
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by corysw
I've been using Vista on my MacBook, and I 'm worried I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would...
okay time for an "intervention"

just kidding what is it you like about it?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

...and you're worried, why? Becuase you might prefer a different OS than Mac? OMG!!... You have to HATE Microsoft and LOVE only Apple... stop before Microsoft brainwashes you any further!
Seriously, if you like a new OS then big deal. Use it and like it and get over it. Its only a computer, nothing to get upset about.
:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
corysw

Well I think it's better than OS X on the MacBook beause it's much faster. Key and mouse response is better, the fans seem to regulate more efficiently, Vista discovers my Apple wireless keyboard and Bluetooth Mighty Mouse as soon as I open the lid, I can use Photoshop on my laptop again, and I can play solitaire.

Don't get me wrong though. Vista on the MacBook is nothing compared to OS X on my G5. But for the Intel laptop, it's another ball game.
QUOTE Thanks
Scroatdog

Scroatdog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjay
okay time for an "intervention"
Sure is! Lets load up the car, drive to his house, sneak in and delete the Vista partition!

(hears Mission Impossible music in the background...)

:black:

1) Powerbook G4 12" 1.5 GHz, iWork, Ilife 06, Logic Pro, Office 2K4
2) A PC with a bunch of stuff in it.
QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

are you using Parallels? i thought Bootcamp didn't support Vista yet.

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks
corysw

I'm using Boot Camp.

I downloaded the Boot Camp Assistant from Apple, and ran it exactly as I would if I was installing XP, but when it told me to insert the XP disk, I put in the Vista DVD instead. To be honest, I was astonished it actually installed without a hitch.

EDIT: I don't think any of this is "supported" yet.
QUOTE Thanks
darcyl

One feature I hope that Apple adopts is the way Vista will display open applications...it does it in a 3-D angled stack view (that so doesn't explain it perfectly...google for some images, its very kewl)...I like that way better than just seeing the greyed out windows all around the screen and making the selection that way.

Vista's security is going to be the biggest hurdle though. The early beta's make you click through dialogs to do anything network related...PITA! Hopefully they fix it for the final release.

DL
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i have heard that it is a nice os. what is wrong with liking it? i have become very good friends with opensuse over the past few weeks and in some ways like it more than os x but that isnt a problem to me
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
cjay

cjay is a jewel in the roughcjay is a jewel in the rough

Everything I need to do computer-wise is covered by Mac compatible software. If I had an Intel Mac I'd only run Vista/XP for gaming.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I want to put vista on my macbook pro, but can't burn the image.. do i need toast (before now i never needed it). Or is there a way to burn iso's with out it?

I feel like a noob, although I have been on macs for so long, and burn dvds all the time, just never iso's. So help me out with my noobiness, any ways to burn iso's with out toast?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
I want to put vista on my macbook pro, but can't burn the image.. do i need toast (before now i never needed it). Or is there a way to burn iso's with out it?

I feel like a noob, although I have been on macs for so long, and burn dvds all the time, just never iso's. So help me out with my noobiness, any ways to burn iso's with out toast?
I believe you can use Disk Utility to burn ISOs. Check out this link: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60619181010389

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthpastor
I believe you can use Disk Utility to burn ISOs. Check out this link: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60619181010389
Awesome Thanks for the link, it was a great help. So now I have to go home, downoad the image again and burn it Then I can put vista on my macbook pro! I am excited to see how it works out.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
corysw

A few tips:

1. Before you do anything, back up any important files on the computer. This will also erase your XP installation.

2. Download the x86 version, not the x64 version.

3. When you run Boot Camp Assistant, make sure to make the Windows partition at least 30 GB.

4. Open XP, then insert the disk, and the Vista installer will start automatically. Don't try to boot from the Vista DVD.

5. The computer will restart several times during the installation. It's important you stay with the computer the entire time, because when it restarts, you'll have to press OPTION, and choose "Windows" to continue the installation.

6. Very Important: As soon as you can, right click on the Vista Desktop, and click Personalize. Set the screen resolution to the setting all the way on the right of the slider.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

why 30GB?

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Remote and PowerPoint | RAM question »