New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Considering Switching?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Marl Huss

Marl Huss will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

I would just like to say that anyone who is considering switching should definatly try out a Mac, I went today and tryed a Macbook 13inch at John Lewis (base model). I would of liked to try one of the more powerfull models but none were working. I also could not try the Mac Pro because they have not got one in yet and there Power Mac was 'broken'.

Anyway I thought with the low RAM and power of the base level it would be quite slow. To my suprise I clicked iTunes and insantly it appeared, which on my PC which technically is higher spec it takes up to 20 seconds. Then I tried some more demanding programs, iMovie HD which is a much more powerfull program, well that took under 2 bounces and no more than 15 seconds. A similar program on my PC (such as Windows Movie Maker) is much closer to 50 seconds.

All I can say is fantastic, if you are not sure of switching just walk into a store and try it out. I even changed the preferences for the dock so that it magnified when you put the mouse over it. Thats how user friendly they are, first time I used one as well

Anyway I cannot wait for my Mac Pro now.
QUOTE Thanks
digital john

digital john has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook

I am so happy I switched to a mac. My iMac still runs like the day I got it.

You will never truly know about all the cool little secrets in OSX. I have had my iMac for about a year and a half and I am still finding cool stuff by accident. Yesterday I was messing around with the date and time and I noticed I could get my computer to announce the time to me. Now every hour on the hour it announces the time to me in some hot English babes voice.

QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Dood, nice. I wish I had funds for a mac pro, but if I had those funds, I'd want funds for a 30 inch screen. And if I had that screen, I'd be wacking for Video downloads of movies in switzerland. Dvds with HD. Gah, I want so much.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with MSN?? | Why is my option key+w not closing finder windows? »