New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

Apple's Ship Times Accurate?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BushyMark

BushyMark is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone!

Just wondering . . . I am about to make the swap from PC to Mac (eeeek!) . . . when I ordered the computer it gave an estimated ship time of 7-10 days. Then when I placed the order the estimated ship date was almost 16 days! I was just wondering about he accuracy of this . . . is the estimate usually correct in everyone's experiance? Do they give a long date as a "safety?" . . . I am so antsy to get started!

Thanks ahead of time!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Everything I have ever ordered has shipped in less time then they say and gets delivered sooner then it is scheduled for. I just got a new Nike+iPod armband that was supposed to ship in 2-3 weeks, I got it 2 days after I ordered

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

NikBhat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram

the macbooks generally took about 2 days less than they projected.

:headphone
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

my powermac, purchased last summer, showed up 4 days early, ship time was supposed to be 10 days
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
MacWill

MacWill is an unknown at this point

I ordered and got mine in 6-7 days
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

It's an "estimation"... by definition it really can't be expected to be accurate.
:black:

That being said, I have never had a bad experience with Apple ship times.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
BlindingLights

BlindingLights is a jewel in the roughBlindingLights is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD

Yeah, my iPod came in about three days early.

the back of our computer looks better than the front of theirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_boy22
i can store many dvds on 1 floppy so it's essential to me
QUOTE Thanks
macdillon

macdillon is a jewel in the roughmacdillon is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.

I paid for overnight shipping. I got my keyboard the next day, and my Mac was shipped right on time.

She doesn't get enough cocaine
She doesn't get enough hard
She doesn't get enough pure
She doesn't get enough
QUOTE Thanks
Annie

My macbook came one day early

Annie
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

I've always gotten stuff early... Except when I ordered my first PB... But the new version released right after I ordered it and they ugraded me for free before shipping... so I couldn't compain.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
digital john

digital john has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook

You can avoid the wait by just going to the Apple store and buying it there. ;]

QUOTE Thanks
Katie

digital john - that seems to be your best bet if you're far too impatient, but the stores can't do many upgrades there, can they? I'd rather order online so I do as much customization as I need to and get it with everything I need already in place.

macdillon - how much extra was overnight shipping for all of your things?
QUOTE Thanks
hotpursuit

hotpursuit is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.1 GHZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacWill
I ordered and got mine in 6-7 days
Yeap, same here.
QUOTE Thanks
digital john

digital john has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
digital john - that seems to be your best bet if you're far too impatient, but the stores can't do many upgrades there, can they? I'd rather order online so I do as much customization as I need to and get it with everything I need already in place.

macdillon - how much extra was overnight shipping for all of your things?

I am pretty sure they are rather capable of doing upgrades. When I got my iMac a year and a half ago it came stock with 512mb of RAM. I told the salesman I wanted 1GB of RAM and he took the computer out of the box, brought it to the genius bar, and did everything himself. I was on my brand new iMac in the next 30 minutes.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Some stores will do RAM, some will not. They won't upgrade the Hard Drive or other options in the store though, they will tell you to do a BTO on-line.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switcher Article in Today's Times | AIRPORT, macbook not automatically selecting network.. »