New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Switcher Hangout The place for switchers to discuss their new machines, and how to work with OS X. General support can be had here for newbie stuff, like "How do I restart my new iMac?" :)

White macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Annie

I wanted white - I prefer white because I think it looks as a mac should - black reminds me of a windows laptop which I did not want. Now I keep hearing all these stories about discoloration of the white mac - mine hasn't shipped yet (suppose to ship out tomorrow) - I am sitting here wondering if I should cancel this order and get the black instead (if I even could since it hasn't shipped yet?) - Has anyone purchased the white and had the discoloration problem? I would be very upset if this happened. Thanks

Annie
QUOTE Thanks
jsteid

Which kind of Mac laptop did you purchase?

haha my fault on the title
QUOTE Thanks
SHNAKE

jsteid take a look at the title of the thread. And Annie don't worry about discoloration that was only one some earlier macbooks I think they solved the problem already. Mine has no discoloration whatsoever
QUOTE Thanks
Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHNAKE
jsteid take a look at the title of the thread. And Annie don't worry about discoloration that was only one some earlier macbooks I think they solved the problem already. Mine has no discoloration whatsoever

That's good because I really like the white (I have a white iPod also) - Black does withstand tear tho - I have a black Dell PC that is going on 4 years old and not a spot on it anywhere and I work at home so am on it 6 hours a day. Hopefully my macbook will be the same. Will have to look up cleaning tips so I can keep it white! Thanks Again
Annie
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

I can confirm that the problem of discolouration no longer exists. Mine started to go yellow, and the top case and keyboard is being replaced under warranty.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

I have had my White MacBook for 1.5 months and no sign of any discolouration at all.
QUOTE Thanks
NikBhat

NikBhat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram

you can also protect your white macbook with the invisible shield!

www.shieldzone.com
QUOTE Thanks
devo

trust me once you get your macbook you'll be changing that to a
QUOTE Thanks
gnat1223

gnat1223 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: White Macbook

yeah i have no problem with mine... its white and I LOVE IT!! so hurry up and go get one
QUOTE Thanks
MacWill

MacWill is an unknown at this point

I have had a White for 6 weeks now and the color is a little dirty but fine overall.
QUOTE Thanks
alibumaye

alibumaye is on a distinguished road

yea, mines is a lil' dirty!!! Not the keypad but you know the surround white area, like where you may rest your wrists will typing. Is there a cleaner where I can wipe it off?

It's the resturn of the gangsta......thanks ta--
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

I put PDA screen protectors on mine. Almost two years old in Feb '07 and still clean as a whistle.
QUOTE Thanks
climbguy

climbguy is an unknown at this point

I have had mine for 2.5 weeks and i just started to notice discoloration today. Apple will be getting a call tomorrow.
QUOTE Thanks
CWMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibumaye
yea, mines is a lil' dirty!!! Not the keypad but you know the surround white area, like where you may rest your wrists will typing. Is there a cleaner where I can wipe it off?

..but...the surrounding areas grey o.O

You guys must be mucky buggers lol. JK !
QUOTE Thanks
CAMERA MAN

CAMERA MAN is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Mac Book Pro 2.4ghz 6gb Ram 320gb HD - G5 2x2.0ghz- 23" Apple Display - 2 Sony FX1s

I don't think you need to worry about it because the problems that these people have are all in the same month they got it, warranty should cover things like that. And iklear, (I think that's how you spell it) is very good at cleaning the screen and outside, about $6
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB connected HD not getting recognized... | Considering the switch »